Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've used the search feature, and did not have success on finding anyone using the B14 coilovers on a Gen Coupe (If I didn't find it, my bad...). I did find these available in the US on a US website through Bilstein's website under the Online Dealers section. Other car forums talk about this setup, but not us! I am not interested in slamming my car, but interested in lowering the car a bit, and have ride quality better than stock. The B14's adjusts 30 - 50mm (1.18in - 2.17in) in height, and do not have adjustable dampeners. From what I've researched, the ride quality is still great, and I don't have to dial it in. I have ordered these as my "Christmas" present to myself, so I hope to get these on sometime soon. Hopefully I can engage some converstation on the B14's. Thoughts???

·
Registered
355 Posts
They are great.

They are a feature of Germans Genesis Coupe GT Special Limited Edition Version.

They have been developed together with Hyundai Germany at the Nurburgring. They are not made to slam your ride but offer superb quality for daily and track. Looking at the ride quality they are the best ones you can get for the GC.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is a nice rendering! I believe I saw someone from Germany on the forum that has the German version... Very clean!

·
Registered
620 Posts
i never knew those existed, so thank you for bringing them to the attention of myself and the community. I've never worked on my suspension/taken a close look at it, but from the looks of this it would work in conjunction with the our OEM available camber bolts correct?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Yea. I know about 5 or more.. :D At the end, you will be very happy with what you ordered. Im curious.. how much do they cost in the US?

i never knew those existed, so thank you for bringing them to the attention of myself and the community. I've never worked on my suspension/taken a close look at it, but from the looks of this it would work in conjunction with the our OEM available camber bolts correct?

you can also go with random lowering springs and the bilstein dampers. those are being sold seperated (atleast over here)

·
Registered
620 Posts
the first website recommended by bilstein US has them for ~$1500 (the whole coilover set). bilstein lists the coilover setup as the only product available but looks like the springs could be easily switched just like a shock. i knew KYB made Shocks that just aren't available in US but i really had no idea these existed..

also by any chance do you know if the OEM camber bolts work with these? because if they do i will undoubtedly be buying these this spring. if i can get -2 camber up front, with a 2" drop, and bilstein build quality it'll be a dream come true

·
Registered
355 Posts
unfortunately i do not know if the oem camber bolts work with these. u may have to contact bilstein directly

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The site I ordered from is on sale for $1271 US with free shipping. Reading the install directions, it looks like you could use the OEM camber bolts, but I think an e-mail to Bilstein might be a good call... just in case.

·
Banned
148 Posts
I'll be following this!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The B14's are arriving at my house next week, but I will be out of town on business. In addition to the holidays coming up, I should be able to get some close-up pics and install them after Christmas. For those following this thread, I will write up a review, and possibly an install how-to... Stay tuned!

·
FS section ravager
2,183 Posts
For that much money, why wouldn't you go with an alternative with adjustable dampening?

·
Registered
136 Posts
whats the spring rate on these?
I know I'm bringing this thread from the dead, but I emailed Bilstein and asked what the spring rates were on the B14 setup and this is what they replied with:

Front: 6.1 kg/mm - Progressive
Rear: 9.2 kg/mm - Progressive

That seems like a really good balance given the lower motion ratio at the rear, but a little on the soft side overall. I think I would have love to see 8k/12k setup personally. It's also unfortunate about the progressive rates.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts