Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to upgrade my radiator before the summer to keep temps down. I have a BK1 2.0 automatic which I understand has two transmission coolers. One is external in front of the radiator, and the second is integrated into the passenger side of the radiator. As far as I can tell, CSF is the only company to make a drop in replacement with the transmission cooler integrated into the radiator. I would love to install a Mishimoto instead - the reviews seem to be way better. The Mishimoto, however, doesn't have the integrated transmission cooler. What should I do?

A) Leave the factory external cooler alone and add a second external cooler to the lines that used to go into the radiator.
B) Somehow replace both the factory external cooler and the integrated radiator cooler with one bigger external cooler.
C) Just buy the CSF.

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
15,695 Posts
I am looking to upgrade my radiator before the summer to keep temps down. I have a BK1 2.0 automatic which I understand has two transmission coolers. One is external in front of the radiator, and the second is integrated into the passenger side of the radiator. As far as I can tell, CSF is the only company to make a drop in replacement with the transmission cooler integrated into the radiator. I would love to install a Mishimoto instead - the reviews seem to be way better. The Mishimoto, however, doesn't have the integrated transmission cooler. What should I do?

A) Leave the factory external cooler alone and add a second external cooler to the lines that used to go into the radiator.
B) Somehow replace both the factory external cooler and the integrated radiator cooler with one bigger external cooler.
C) Just buy the CSF.

Thoughts?
If you have an aftermarket intercooler that doesn't sit in the stock location, you can probably get away with using the 3.8 automatic radiator.
BUT IIRC you have to replace the AC condenser to the 3.8 for everything to sit properly.

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,033 Posts
I put in a 3.8L radiator, no issues with the condenser. It's the fan shroud, fan blade, and fan motor that are different between 2L and 3.8L. BK2 all uses the same stuff I think. You can use the 2L hardware with a little bit of modification. The fan motor can be too but the wiring is a bit short.

I took the OE spec BK1 V6 radiator out though as it was a downgrade vs the OE BK1 2L radiator due to thickness..

Obviously, the factory IC needs to go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts