DW 1000cc injectors
320lph Fuel Pump
Garret Gen 2 GTX3071R with an 0.63 A/R T3 Housing
Frankenstein MXP Manifold with T3 flange
Turbosmart 38mm External Wastegate with 14 PSI spring w/ Custom Dump Pipe
Mac 3 Port EBC
Oil Catch Can

Some Pictures of the actual setup:

I used the Haltech to get a "low boost" setup and a higher boost setup, so results were this:

Blue one is for 14 PSI and Red one is for 22 PSI

Redline was increased only to 7000 RPM as the engine is still stock on my BK1.

Things to consider: Highest Octane fuel here is 91, so using Meth is a must when tuning.

They also did a pretty cool video (Ignore the change of wheels during the video lol)

I would like to compare similar setups if possible to see if numbers are similar.

Hopefully the engine holds up for a bit of time before it goes boom. Then I will go ahead and build it and see how much more power I can get from this setup

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
When they go boom is rarely the time that it's rebuildable, I'm on my third engine and not even the oil pump survived from the ones that went boom.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When they go boom is rarely the time that it's rebuildable, I'm on my third engine and not even the oil pump survived from the ones that went boom.

I might have exaggerated a little bit lol. Damn and 3rd engine! Was there any pattern or similar reasons for them to blow up like that?

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
I might have exaggerated a little bit lol. Damn and 3rd engine! Was there any pattern or similar reasons for them to blow up like that?
The first one was my fault, I was using a CMD for turning, the tune wasn't dialed in yet and I was doing some full throttle testes and boom, the second one, also a BK1, 16G and a proven tune, I don't know what happened i was coasting at 54mph barely on the throttle and boom, very strange.
Now have a BK2 so far so good.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The first one was my fault, I was using a CMD for turning, the tune wasn't dialed in yet and I was doing some full throttle testes and boom, the second one, also a BK1, 16G and a proven tune, I don't know what happened i was coasting at 54mph barely on the throttle and boom, very strange.
Now have a BK2 so far so good.

Huh yeah strange indeed. Was the BK1 with the 16G also built? I have heard of people getting bent rods but never a situation where it goes boom while cruising normally.

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
Huh yeah strange indeed. Was the BK1 with the 16G also built? I have heard of people getting bent rods but never a situation where it goes boom while cruising normally.
All stock engines.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hey everyone!

I just got my Genny Dyno Tuned with the following mods:

Full ISR Turbo-back exhaust
Forge BOV
AEM Water / Meth Kit
CC Stage 2 Clutch
Depo Racing Intercooler with custom piping
K&N Short Ram Intake
Haltech ECU
DW 1000cc injectors
320lph Fuel Pump
Garret Gen 2 GTX3071R with an 0.63 A/R T3 Housing
Frankenstein MXP Manifold with T3 flange
Turbosmart 38mm External Wastegate with 14 PSI spring w/ Custom Dump Pipe
Mac 3 Port EBC
Oil Catch Can

Some Pictures of the actual setup:

I used the Haltech to get a "low boost" setup and a higher boost setup, so results were this:

Blue one is for 14 PSI and Red one is for 22 PSI

Redline was increased only to 7000 RPM as the engine is still stock on my BK1.

Things to consider: Highest Octane fuel here is 91, so using Meth is a must when tuning.

They also did a pretty cool video (Ignore the change of wheels during the video lol)

I would like to compare similar setups if possible to see if numbers are similar.

Hopefully the engine holds up for a bit of time before it goes boom. Then I will go ahead and build it and see how much more power I can get from this setup
Nice setup!
How responsive is that gtx?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice setup!
How responsive is that gtx?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Hey man, thanks!

I would describe it as consistent. If you see the Dyno Run the torque keeps going up, and could be tuned for a faster response down low without much loss on the upper RPMS, but it was tuned conservatively because the engine is still stock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts