Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a bk1 and had 1157 switchback leds for the last year or 2 and they worked fine. Recently, the passenger aide switchback went dead. But then would come back on but be dull. The white part was nice and bright but amber is super dull. I thought ok no problem..bad bulb. So i bought 2 new 1157 switchbacks and same issue. I tried switching the bulbs from driver to passenger and same thing. So i thought it was a blinker socket issue. So i used the entire socket and bulb from drivers side to passenger and still it didnt work properly. So i got new 8ohm resistors put in and that didnt solve the issue.
No idea whats going on the passenger side blinker...but its not getting the right voltage/ohm load to the bulb.

Any ideas what could be the problem?

Thx in advance

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,763 Posts
What is the voltage at the socket?

There probably is a factory splice in there with a connector. Might be corroded. Have to follow the wire back and find it. Also make sure the ground has no resistance there at the headlight too as I think each headlight has it's own ground.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Problem solved. It turned out to be the bulbs. I had to go through 3 different 1157 led switchback bulbs off amazon until i found one that worked. Crazy. I guess the gen is super sensitive and will only accept a certain type of 1157 OR i was just buying really bad quality 1157 led bulbs (They were all chinese branded under 30 bucks). But anyways problem seems solved. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts