Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just wondering which is easier to boost. And which one is easier to tune. Thank you.
2.0t come boosted and there’s thousands of aftermarket parts for a 2.0t. 3.8 even if you boost it the gains very minimal. bk1 are easier for full bolt ons but bk2 comes with more power and the motor can handle a lot more power

·
shorttrack
1,690 Posts
2nd gen 3.8 full bolt on w/ 75 to 100 shot of NOS and it will destroy a 2.0 turbo . To note: the best 1/4 is from a PR 2.0 turbo build that ran mid 10.50's in the 1/4 , this took a lot of $$$$$ to do .

·
Registered
156 Posts
It all depends on what you are looking for. Gotta determine your goals. If you just want a car to mod, the 2.0T has better selection of parts. If you are looking for a quarter mile car as shorttrack mentioned the 3.8 might be your better option.

What is your definition of "easy"? Fastest car with minimal changes? Mechnical limits on a stock engine?

·
shorttrack
1,690 Posts
I always look at cost .2nd gen 3.8 r-spec is the best bang for the buck .The mods for the 2.0 suits those into turbo entry level . 2.0t mods without a doubt is easy to move up % wise on power for per engine size but limited by how weak OEM rods and piston are . I always go for the most power to weight ratio offered and build from there . 3.8 is for me the best all around option .

Reactions: lvdukerider

·
Registered
2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium 6MT - Silverstone
397 Posts
I would say BK1 since the BK2 is GDI. If you keep building and get to the point of needing a standalone, there are next to no options for GDI motors with more than 4 cyls. I have a friend who is doing an N54 swap e36 who learned that the hard way after he already built a motor for 750hp...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts