Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

Bk2 decision

• Total voters
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow gen owners! I鈥檝e finally decided what car to buy next and I鈥檝e absolutely fallen in love with a genesis coupe馃槏 but I need some help, I really can鈥檛 decide if I want to get a 2.0 or 3.8. I鈥檓 getting a bk2 for sure though but I just don鈥檛 know which one so I wanna hear some of y鈥檃lls opinion on which is better and what not. I鈥檓 still learning more & more about these cars so it鈥檒l be helpful to chat with some gen owners! Thank You

Registered
Totally subjective to what your taste/plans to build. If you like good reliable power right out of the box with a great sounding V6, with little more power available with bolt ons, go 3.8. If you want to tinker with alot of mods/bolt-ons and tune to make even more power than V6, and you like the turbo sounds, then go 2.0T. Both cars can be reliable with proper maintenance, both are sexy as hell, so truly is about personal taste.

Registered
If buying new I agree with triple D. I have the 2014 2.0T and getting the DUAL TURBO to kick in is a hot that throws you back in your seat when EACH ONE kick in. I honestly rarely drive that way that kicks them in second one puts the car at 85 mph are it want more pedal...so I back down to legal speeds. I took it to 110 once and it felt like more was ready to go.. 3.8 will give you similar feel . I bought 2.0 because I thought daily driver fuel economy but I think 3.8 actual has better numbers. If you are looking at used be aware of 3.8 manuals had a bolt shearing rear axle pumpkin that took along for hyundai to admit was an issue so check recalls on the vehicle and year and see if it had any issues and whether they were fixed. Have fun
Remember the front plastic bumper shroud has low ground clearance and can catch on most concrete parking spot blocks and will break the plastic mounts if it happens to often of bad enough. I'm in process of repairing mine right now. Just keep in mind with any low ground clearance sport vehicle.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
If buying new I agree with triple D. I have the 2014 2.0T and getting the DUAL TURBO to kick in is a hot that throws you back in your seat when EACH ONE kick in. I honestly rarely drive that way that kicks them in second one puts the car at 85 mph are it want more pedal...so I back down to legal speeds. I took it to 110 once and it felt like more was ready to go.. 3.8 will give you similar feel . I bought 2.0 because I thought daily driver fuel economy but I think 3.8 actual has better numbers. If you are looking at used be aware of 3.8 manuals had a bolt shearing rear axle pumpkin that took along for hyundai to admit was an issue so check recalls on the vehicle and year and see if it had any issues and whether they were fixed. Have fun
Remember the front plastic bumper shroud has low ground clearance and can catch on most concrete parking spot blocks and will break the plastic mounts if it happens to often of bad enough. I'm in process of repairing mine right now. Just keep in mind with any low ground clearance sport vehicle.
Damn that 2.0 sounds nice! I do drive 24 miles round trip to work during the week which isn鈥檛 bad but 馃し馃徎鈥嶁檪锔 I do want a **** ton of hp so that鈥檚 why I鈥檓 aiming towards the 3.8 but I鈥檝e never owned a turbo car before so that鈥檚 another reason why I may want a 2.0. I鈥檓 just stuck in between at this point lmao

1 - 4 of 4 Posts