Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might of have posted this already but Im sort of new to this. Anyways, my 3.8 just went out about two days ago and Im wondering if swapping a bk2 2.0 into it would be the same as swapping an “alien” engine into it(LS, JZ, SR20, etc.) Has anyone done it before? Im tired of the problems the 3.8 had(at least mine). I know, “why would you swap a 2.0 in it?” I just liked that engine and its relatively inexpensive. Thank you

·
Bill
586 Posts
all the problems of an ls swap with none of the benefits.
my 3.8 is the most problem free car i've had. as was the bk1 i had before this one.
if you like the car get a used 2.0, scrap the 3.8, you'll probably come out ahead.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all the problems of an ls swap with none of the benefits.
my 3.8 is the most problem free car i've had. as was the bk1 i had before this one.
if you like the car get a used 2.0, scrap the 3.8, you'll probably come out ahead.
Thank you! I was going to ls swap it a year ago but someone convinced me not to. I got the bad batch of 3.8 then haha.

·
Premium Member
15,170 Posts
You would have to get a donor car with no damage in the front.
Radiator support would have to be swapped over, to have the 3.8 radiator and AC condenser to fit.
Other than that, I would swap over ALL the wiring... basically a chassis swap as far a wiring is concerned.

Other than that, I would disconnect everything off of the engine and trans, unbolt the trans mount and k-member and drop and swap the entire the thing. Then all you would have to worry about getting the wiring where it needs to go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts