Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,275 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Any ideas on why the car makes a lot of noise when cranking? Am I right in thinking the flywheel is just not pristine or should I wait to see if it breaks in like the clutch?

Sorry for the double post

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,275 Posts
Any ideas on why the car makes a lot of noise when cranking? Am I right in thinking the flywheel is just not pristine or should I wait to see if it breaks in like the clutch?

Sorry for the double post
Not sure. I would take out the starter and look at the gear on the end. The two flywheels and starters are different as far as the tooth shape on the flywheel. The BK2 starter may be different as far as matching to the tooth shape. The BK2 starter is shorter to so it can come out without taking the motor mount out.

The BK1 starter works OK on my BK 2 flywheel without excessive noise.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not sure. I would take out the starter and look at the gear on the end. The two flywheels and starters are different as far as the tooth shape on the flywheel. The BK2 starter may be different as far as matching to the tooth shape. The BK2 starter is shorter to so it can come out without taking the motor mount out.

The BK1 starter works OK on my BK 2 flywheel without excessive noise.
I can't really imagine why the starter would be making noise. There was an aftermarket clutch and flywheel before putting the OEM one back on. The only think I can figure would be that whoever installed the aftermarket kit may have changed the starter too but I wouldn't think that'd be necessary.

https://www.genracer.com/competition-clutch-stage-2-clutch-kit-for-2-0t-2010-genesis-coupe/

I believe this is what was on it that had to be replaced.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts