Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about getting my intake manifold ported over the coming winter. I see Turbosocks offers the work on their site. But I've searched here and found no dyno graph of the results. My 2010 3.6 Camaros intake netted 12 hp at the wheels when it's intake was ported along with a grimspeed spacer. I'm trying to keep my GC engine as stock as possible because I may be keeping this car forever and am just trying to improve the stock stuff if possible. Other than my cat back .Any one actually do this porting on a relativity stock 3.8 and feel the difference or have a dyno before and after result? Thanks.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think Titan does that.
somebody mentioned good results in "What did you do today?", after custom tune.
Okay I'll try to find it, thanks.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Byzking did dyno back in 2012 on BK2 gen, with grimspeed IM and TB, dyno no longer visible, but 2.4 HP and 7.3 TQ was gained as peek numbers, not sure if there was more gain along the curve else where

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Byzking did dyno back in 2012 on BK2 gen, with grimspeed IM and TB, dyno no longer visible, but 2.4 HP and 7.3 TQ was gained as peek numbers, not sure if there was more gain along the curve else where

Thanks, not a hole lata hp. I think I'll pass on that mod for now.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Thanks, not a hole lata hp. I think I'll pass on that mod for now.
It's something to do before custom tune.
By itself, ported IM is not worth it. It only improves a/f ratio between cylinders, evens it out, so tuner can get more agresive with a tune.

Bored TB to 80mm showed good gains, get that from Maxbore ($120) and port mach IM to TB inlet. Simple to if you have compresor.

·
3point8 Performance
2,628 Posts
I do porting packages. I offer 3 stages, the first 2 are designed to provide gains without a tune, the 3rd is a race port and requires at least fully bored tb and a custom tune. It's really meant for fbo+

Don't let the seemingly "minimal" gains fool you, i have a group of street racers i use for testing and they can all attest to the results.

I already posted stage1 before/after dyno results in another thread. I'll have stage2 results soon. Pm me for more info.

·
2013 3.8 Track
381 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts