Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody installed a tachometer on a 13 or up gen? I've gone through the forums and google and the only thing I have found was someone installing on a 2010 3.8 on pin #71 off the ecm. Would this be the same for our 2.0s or bk2's? Tach shift light was ordered today so I'm hoping to get some answers before I trial and error it myself lol I know I have seen people install off the plugs but I saw something that ours are after a can bus so it's a different signal and it needs to be attached before that. Also don't really want a splice showing whenever I open the hood. Any help or info would be much appreciated

·
Registered
227 Posts
This might not be of use, but pin 17 is the crank shaft pos sensor signal. Should be pink. I am not sure if tachometers can use it directly from the toothed wheel.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes you're right it is but it won't work on the genesis. Basically stuck having to get the tach adapter because the best signal I can get is a quarter of what the actual rpm is. (Getting signal off 1 of 4 FI or coil gives me 25% of full signal because we have DIS so when I'm at 1k rpms th signal I can get is 250) pin #17 didn't give any readable signal either. I'm starting to research an inline transistor to amplify signal by 4 to give an accurate reading but I'm not sure it can be done or at least efficiently. When all else fails I'll suck it up and buy the tach adapter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts