Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys! My bk1 motor have a blown turbo and i still have my warranty (yeah, i'm lucky asf since it is not stock and it passes lol). So my question is that if it's worth to put a bk2 turbo on it. I think i've read somwhere that they are bigger and stronger, but I need an other opinion on people that are a little bit more experienced than me. I've called the warranty shop and they have no problem to put a bk2 turbo on it, since it's still a gen coupe one.
sorry if this thread is already on the website. I've searched but i found nothing.
Thanks!

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,312 Posts
The cat is different due to the exhaust flange. Would need tuned for it to be the most beneficial.

·
Premium Member
16,015 Posts
Depends on how much work you want to put in.

Besides the cats being different, the wastegate flap is designed differently.
On a BK1 (and almost any other turbo engine) the wastegate actuator pulls to keep the wastegate closed.
On the BK2, the electronic wastegate actuator pushes to keep the wastegate closed.

So you're either going to have to:
1. mount the wastegate actuator backwards and towards the back of the engine in some weird position.
2. cut off the pivot arm, off of the wastegate flap, re-orient it, and weld it back on.
3. or make some weird pivot system.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys! My bk1 motor have a blown turbo and i still have my warranty (yeah, i'm lucky asf since it is not stock and it passes lol). So my question is that if it's worth to put a bk2 turbo on it. I think i've read somwhere that they are bigger and stronger, but I need an other opinion on people that are a little bit more experienced than me. I've called the warranty shop and they have no problem to put a bk2 turbo on it, since it's still a gen coupe one.
sorry if this thread is already on the website. I've searched but i found nothing.
Thanks!
You can always get a stuffed turbo from 380 performance

1 - 4 of 4 Posts