Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm posting this in the general discussion because it will be easier for more to see. Decided to try out 900CC? Modified stock injectors to run E85 on a stock 2013 R spec (experimental reasons for the future) Unfortunately the BK2 2.0 can't use standard upgrades due to impedance. Removing the fuel rail was easy, 2 10mm bolts and a vacuum hose needed to be moved. The injector clips were tricky as they reverse clip in. Takes odd pressure point to slide the loose. After removing the old ones I lubed the new o rings on both sides and set the rail back in. Reconnected wires and turned key to ON to prime rail. I heard it fill then turned it back off. Checked for leaks and luckily none:) First start on E50 was smooth albeit quite loud. The stock ecu O2 is a lamda sensor and adjusted AFR very quickly to get to stoich. I regret not getting the old and new flow tested but I was able to see the trims via the torque app. At idle the ECU was pulling 10% and long term it was pulling 4% During driving the AFR targets were spot on compared to my stock logs on pump gas. The boost spike at 3k RPM actually added 5% more injector duty. Completed 2 tanks then tried E80 which is what we measured locally. After startup fuel trims were adding extra fuel to reach stoich. 5% at idle and 13% long term. At 3KRPM it added 13% extra to reach .78 lamda again but got even richer during shifts at 6500. Saw 10.1 and 9.9 AFR's a couple times (.72 lamda) No stalls or misfires but I was disappointed. I know our car has knock sensors but it didn't adjust timing a single bit at all. I figured it would be progressive and add or reduce depending on what octane the engine sensed. Am I missing something? Anyways this gives me confidence in the stock fuel system to run 300 to 450hp without maxing anything out. Fuel pump seems to do quite fine for now. I can now run E10 to E70 comfortably and the ECU adjusts within 15 minutes of driving to exactly how much fuel is needed. I like to run an 8 gallon mix of 93 and E85 to get about E55 right now. Seems to be a good match as the fuel trims are pulling within 1% short and long term. Not sure how cold starts will be but we shall see in the winter. Only once I had to tap the gas after it cranked 2 secs and didn't start. My only complaint is the noise and new spray pattern compared to stock (5 tiny pinholes vs bored out). Not a deal breaker but if anyone else needs to upgrade I'd say go for it.

Attachments

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,430 Posts
You can also see the FI duty cycle and FI pulse width with Torque.

As far as timing maybe the stock tables are maxed out? Timing is rpm and load regulated.

Watch the Absolute Load value as that is where you will see the increases.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can also see the FI duty cycle and FI pulse width with Torque.

As far as timing maybe the stock tables are maxed out? Timing is rpm and load regulated.

Watch the Absolute Load value as that is where you will see the increases.
Ive logged load and throttle. Load never goes above 96 where I'm at. Timing seems extremely conservative from 3 at max boost to 8 at 6500RPM when boost drops to 16 from 19. I figured I'd see 11 to 13 degrees at least.....

It's possible it could be the heat too. It's 101 out with intake of 130 cruising and 115 under hard throttle so idk:/

·
Registered
22 Posts
Is the torque app capable of doing any kind of adjustments to the car? Or is it strictly a viewing window?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ecu, self described, but yes the torque app is strictly a monitoring app. Is there any app that allows a user to make adjustments?
There surely must be something in this manner.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No not for our cars. Access port and JB4 is a piggyback that allows some adjustments to boost and AFR but it's for newer Kias and Hyundai cars. You're better off just getting a tune if you want something changed. No app has control of our cars yet.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just discovered Toad Pro.....
don't know what it all is, but hope may have arrived for android and obd2 via bluetooth.
Cross those fingers Kiddo's, and prey that things go our way today. 😇
We may be finally able to play with all them thing's we know better than to even phuck with😀 ...I can't wait 🤤

1 - 10 of 10 Posts