Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Bam-Ba-Lam!!!
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting off: Out with the old and in with the new.

This is the first white coat.

Second coat of white (used as a primer)

Now for the first coat of Blaze Yellow! The sh*t is wicked bright guys, the camera (iPhone) can't even pick up the color.

After 3-4 coats of Blaze Yellow, and removal of plastic bags covering the brakes.

Then I did the second wheel and removed all the dip from the lugs and center caps.

Some example pics:

I think it looks sick! I love it, this color is a neckbreaker for sure and hopefully I will be the only one running it for a while.

Opinions?

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
DAMN! That $hit is bright!!!!!! looks cool though i like it. What did you do about the over spray on your tires? you just peeled it off like the rest?

·
Bam-Ba-Lam!!!
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DAMN! That $hit is bright!!!!!! looks cool though i like it. What did you do about the over spray on your tires? you just peeled it off like the rest?
It just rubs off with your finger, especially if they have some grime on 'em.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Cool I've always been to scared to try plastic dip. I know I sound stupid lol. Really wanna do something wild on my metallic dark grey STI.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
539 Posts
I LOVE the highlighter yellow that k3 did on their car and the color combo with highlighter yellow on a black or blue car:

blaze yellow plasti dip is a good way to see if the color is right for you, but there's no replacement for a good paint job/powder coat, IMO this color on a really nice set of wheels = :gc-drool1:

also, this isn't me but looks like someone's already done blaze yellow on black but without the white base coat, yours looks way better

·
Bam-Ba-Lam!!!
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I LOVE the highlighter yellow that k3 did on their car and the color combo with highlighter yellow on a black or blue car:

blaze yellow plasti dip is a good way to see if the color is right for you, but there's no replacement for a good paint job/powder coat, IMO this color on a really nice set of wheels = :gc-drool1:

also, this isn't me but looks like someone's already done blaze yellow on black but without the white base coat, yours looks way better
plastidip blaze yelllow wheels on genesis coupe - YouTube
I agree with you on the powdercoating. My ADD however, does not haha, I love that plasti dip lets me change things up on the fly.

I did see that video, it almost made me not get this color because of how bad his looks (besides the fact that he has 19"s). The white base coat makes a huge difference.

·
Bam-Ba-Lam!!!
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Definitely go with a matte finish with this color though. I think gloss would reflect the light too much. It feels like the matte finish just absorbs light.

·
Aww yeee
1,532 Posts
Not really my thing, but doesn't look horrible. Would look way better slammed, but that's just me hating wheel gap

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Because of this thread im ordering blaze orange for my car lol

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Not really my thing, but doesn't look horrible. Would look way better slammed, but that's just me hating wheel gap
Lol u need that new six speed sticker. It says something like, wheel gap is like a vagina, the less fingers the better! Hahaha

·
Bam-Ba-Lam!!!
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Definitely agree about the wheel gap. I want coils but I'm about to just settle for some springs. I've never been good with that whole "saving money" thing.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Hey black Genny, u got any tips for me on how to do this? I love this color and u hv sold me for my STI, how do u get the dip off of like the lugs and center cap? Seems difficult

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hey black Genny, u got any tips for me on how to do this? I love this color and u hv sold me for my STI, how do u get the dip off of like the lugs and center cap? Seems difficult

I've been plasti dippin' my rims so many times lol. From my experiences, I think It'd better if you take off your wheels...

·
Bam-Ba-Lam!!!
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Yeah I have to agree with PopChew, it would just be better to take them off. With black, its not bad becuse all the mistakes are just a shadow in the back of your wheel. Not so much with this color.

·
The 1st 2000GT
1,872 Posts
I actually don't mind it, I wouldn't put it on my car, but its original, and I like anything original!:D

·
Euntes Pro Fregit
1,888 Posts
I'm definitely liking it.

I've been kicking around the idea of picking up a couple of cans of the blaze plasti dip, but I couldn't decide on a color.

May have to put an order in this weekend for something.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts