Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 2.0t base, I had gotten a check engine light and it have me the P2261 code and I had it checked out by 3 different people (including the Hyundai dealership, waste of money) but everything all lead to the BOV being the problem. So I bought a Forge BOV and nothing changed, I have no boost, what so ever and also the BOV stays open until I take one of the hose off. Now I have been reading around and some people were saying it might be the wastegate and some people are staring it's the solenoid. I can't seem to find a solenoid for the life of me for my car (2012 2.0t), so I'm just wondering on what I should do? Because this is my daily driver and I need it fixed ASAP (have been dealing with the problem for almost 2 weeks now)

Thank you for anyone who can help me.

·
Registered
223 Posts
not really sure but these are the top possibilits
Intake manifold vacuum leak
Dirty air cleaner
Wastegate that is stuck open
Wastegate that is stuck closed
Faulty intercooler
Bolts between the turbocharger and exhaust manifold that are loose
Faulty boost sensor
Boost sensor wiring that is shorted or open
Boost sensor reference circuit connectors that are loose, disconnected, or corroded
Turbo failure caused by internal oil leaks and/or oil supply restrictions
could be bypass valve/ bov solenoid. because of heard of people saying that was their issue

·
Registered
223 Posts
try the solenoid bypass mod. it might fix for free. youll need vacuum line. clamps and a vacuum t or y fitting

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not much of a car guy, so all of that will take me some research. But I have seen that video, would it still work with my 2012 coupe? Or would that only work on the 2013 one?
But I also forgot to add, that I have greased the BOV and o-rings are perfect and none of the bolts are loose

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,702 Posts
You don't need the solenoid plumbed in. Just leave it connected electrically and run the BOV directly off of the intake manifold vacuum.

I've been like this for 6 or 7 years now with no issues.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,702 Posts
Get three feet of hose and a tee. The hose should be sized to fit the BOV. The tee should be 3/8 x 3/8 x hose the size of your BOV port. Then take the 3/8" hose that comes off the back of the TB and cut, insert tee connect to BOV.

Pull the hose off the solenoid that goes to the BOV. It's the line in front pointing up. Cap that solenoid port.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts