Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, new here so let me know if this is the wrong place for this. I just bought a 2013 2.0T AT just a week ago. Last night on the way home, had a complete loss of power, and had to turn the wheel without the power steering and push it off to the side. Tried starting, and heard the worst rod knock I've ever heard, shut it off immediately. I got it towed to a shop and they told me that I'd likely have to do an engine replacement.

I've tried talking to a Hyundai dealer but they've pretty much told me "no"

The seller was a 70 year old dude and was the only owner. He sold it certified. I'm from Ontario so the only thing required for registration is a safety certification + some paperwork. I did my due diligence, looking at the car physically, as well as using an obd2 reader when test driving. I'm a University student, and this is the first car I've owned myself. I didn't expect to experience such a major issue in such short time of owning it. Just came here to ask for any advice on what I should do.

Thanks guys

·
Advenio Pariter
4,035 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. I turn 63 soon and although I drive like I am much younger, my cars have always been well maintained mostly by me. My BK1 ran like a jewel when I sold her with over 134k miles and 10 years on the clock. Your BK2 is a better engine.

You might be able to get an engine from a wrecked Gen Coupe. Talk to some shops and get references on them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts