Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just purchased a 3.8 for a decent price at 40k miles. Im having weird audio issues i cant figure out at all.

Ive got a bluetooth adapter hooked up which is powered by my cigarette lighter it then passes audio in using AUX. I get a nasty whir which i was told a ground loop noise isolator would fix. It did, except now the audio sounds terrible, you cant hear vocals or drums or anything. This isnt an issue when listening to XM, radio, or even without the isolator.

Im stumped, any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
16,009 Posts
Hey guys, just purchased a 3.8 for a decent price at 40k miles. Im having weird audio issues i cant figure out at all.

Ive got a bluetooth adapter hooked up which is powered by my cigarette lighter it then passes audio in using AUX. I get a nasty whir which i was told a ground loop noise isolator would fix. It did, except now the audio sounds terrible, you cant hear vocals or drums or anything. This isnt an issue when listening to XM, radio, or even without the isolator.

Im stumped, any suggestions?
try connecting it with an aux cable with a different audio source.
This to see if the audio jack, or your bluetooth module is the issue.

·
Registered
2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
try connecting it with an aux cable with a different audio source.
This to see if the audio jack, or your bluetooth module is the issue.
I think it's the audio jack, tried connecting my wife's phone (Since she has an aux jack on it) While the static/whir is gone, the audio is funky. Any tips on fixing/replacing the thing?

·
Premium Member
16,009 Posts
I think it's the audio jack, tried connecting my wife's phone (Since she has an aux jack on it) While the static/whir is gone, the audio is funky. Any tips on fixing/replacing the thing?
get a OEM replacement.
Thing just pops out.

·
Registered
2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
get a OEM replacement.
Thing just pops out.
Been looking for an OEM replacement, haven't found any online so far, do you have a website you recommend? Also possibly a guide on removing the one in the car?

Thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
16,009 Posts
Part number is 96120-2M100
Ebay has them, but most of them look like they ship out of korea, so just means it will take some time for you to get it.

Amazon has one used for the same years elantra.
Part number 96120-3X000
AFAIK the difference is the elentra one doesn't have the door/flap.

If you look at the photos on ebay, you can see how it clips in.

·
Registered
2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Part number is 96120-2M100
Ebay has them, but most of them look like they ship out of korea, so just means it will take some time for you to get it.

Amazon has one used for the same years elantra.
Part number 96120-3X000
AFAIK the difference is the elentra one doesn't have the door/flap.

If you look at the photos on ebay, you can see how it clips in.
Found it! Thanks so much, I'll order it sometime next week and try to get it installed. Thank you again for the help!

·
Registered
2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I use this little guy in my 2011 3.8 track and it works great. A previous one HAD to use the isolator but this one works perfect.
Thank you! I'm gonna give this a try before replacing the aux itself. As I said, it does kinda work without an isolator, it just sounds not so great. This might be a cheaper fix for me. I Will be here tomorrow and I'll update you with my findings! Thank you!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts