Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Gen Coupe 3.8 Track. My stereo started having an issue where it would connect to my phone for phone calls, but when I try to press the "media" button to play music it would say that there is no media connection but my phone shows the media is connected. I have tried restarting my phone, turning the car on and off to see if it would reset, and I deleted the connections from the car and my phone but it is still the same after reconnecting. I know that it is a problem with the car because it happens to other phones that are connected to it as well. Does anyone have similar problems or know of a way to fix it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the same issue, I have been told you can update the system, I haven’t had time to try it yet, but as far as I k the dealership can do it for you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had this issue too. No update was needed for me. I simply deleted all the connections to the car. Deleted the car Bluetooth connection off my phone “GENESIS COUPE”. Turned off my car and restarted my phone (this step probably wasn’t needed). Then I turned the car on and went to the pairing section and clicked “add to” then connected my phone as a new pairing device. My car didn’t recognize my phone, as well as my phone didn’t recognize the car. I set them both up and it seemed to work. Let me know if that worked! Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had this issue too. No update was needed for me. I simply deleted all the connections to the car. Deleted the car Bluetooth connection off my phone “GENESIS COUPE”. Turned off my car and restarted my phone (this step probably wasn’t needed). Then I turned the car on and went to the pairing section and clicked “add to” then connected my phone as a new pairing device. My car didn’t recognize my phone, as well as my phone didn’t recognize the car. I set them both up and it seemed to work. Let me know if that worked! Good luck!
I finally got to try it and it didn't work at first but I reset the stereo to the factory settings and it's working now. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts