Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
13 Genesis Coupe R-SPEC
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay soo i have about 3500 miles on my 2013 GC rspec and being having a weird creaking sound on the passenger side everytime the body flexs.... any1 else having this problems .. solutions ... ITS ****ING ANNOYING

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Okay soo i have about 3500 miles on my 2013 GC rspec and being having a weird creaking sound on the passenger side everytime the body flexs.... any1 else having this problems .. solutions ... ITS ****ING ANNOYING
This was very common on the 10-12's ,mine included. I guess they haven't fixed it for the 13's. Some people complained and the dealer found broken spot welds, mine only does it if I'm going on an angle over my driveway curb so it's not too annoying.

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
Yes common issue, my dealer sucks, I had it in twice, I am about to give up. I even told them where to look which of course they didn't.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the same issue,

I went to dealer shop and drove with the inspector,
and he said it comes from the side mirror inside the passenger side?
So every time I go right turn or go over bump to the right (flexes), it was making these sounds.

Check with the dealer and let them ride with you so they could fix "where it comes from".

Hope this helped a bit, :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
But not too sure if he is right though haha,
after he replaces it within few days (dealer said they will call me)
I will check up if it keeps making these sounds or not and let you guys know.

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
But not too sure if he is right though haha,
after he replaces it within few days (dealer said they will call me)
I will check up if it keeps making these sounds or not and let you guys know.
Man don't think it's the mirror, might be the bad weld problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I guess it isn't mirror.. -_-;

They replaced it for me yesterday.. and right when I got out of dealer shop
because I had to go to work... there goes again sigh

I went to dealer shop again! (Third time wasting my time) this morning and one of this guy said that it is normal happening like this in Genesis Coupe since it's a sports car??
Very stiff and blah.. not meant to be flexible.. HUH?
And that the body will sort things out by itself within times ????
Are you sure? 2013 Brand New car with only 2300 miles?

I totally think he is bs-ing with me wtf... because I am young and doesn't know anything?
Other cars obviously do not have these problems.. Oh Hyundai, this company;......

So I just got back home, nothing fixed,
waiting for my parents to call this Dealer shop Bosss.
Let's wait and see....................

P.S So I researched this forum about the creaks and stuff,
And warranties for this only last til 12k miles?
No wonder he told me it will go away after I keep riding
so I have to "Pay" them to fix it for them hmmmm???
Sketchy

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
Chances are it is a bad weld on the passenger side A pillar area. Most dealers not equiped to fix these issues.

The will have a body shop look at it.

I have been at mine twice and even told them where to look and they didn't basically useless.

·
13 Genesis Coupe R-SPEC
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Car goes in tomorrow ... make sure to let you guys know what happens. but little pissed they said they cant give me a rental car what kinda **** is that.

·
Registered
162 Posts
mine creaks A LOT. it seems to be coming from the left side but haven't looked into anything yet.

·
GCMafia
3,442 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Car goes in tomorrow ... make sure to let you guys know what happens. but little pissed they said they cant give me a rental car what kinda **** is that.
keep us posted

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had this problem as well, the dealer found that the fender had separated from the frame rail. They ended up having to send it to a body shop to re weld it. They should give you a rental my car was gone for a week and they paid for my sonata rental from enterprise.

·
Registered
394 Posts
One spot is the black plastic that's right under the right fender. I poked it yesterday and it make an eerily familiar sound lol... You can see it when the door is open. I found mine was loose, plan to put just a bit of epoxy sometime to stick it back in place so it won't creak. There's also the A pillar area, but mine seems to be the front right.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
7 Posts
I noticed my 2013 R-Spec started doing that around 750 miles. But, to be fair, I was on a long trip with it and hit a rather nasty pot hole. That is when I first noticed it. Sounded awful. Still, this should not happen with a new car. I have gotten used to it now. Mainly noticeable when I am backing out of my driveway. I currently have 4893 miles on mine.

With the information you all have posted, makes me wonder if I should take it in. Bet they "will find nothing that causes the sound."

·
Registered
75 Posts
I noticed my 2013 R-Spec started doing that around 750 miles. But, to be fair, I was on a long trip with it and hit a rather nasty pot hole. That is when I first noticed it. Sounded awful. Still, this should not happen with a new car. I have gotten used to it now. Mainly noticeable when I am backing out of my driveway. I currently have 4893 miles on mine.

With the information you all have posted, makes me wonder if I should take it in. Bet they "will find nothing that causes the sound."
What caused mine to initially make the noise was exactly as you described... I hit a huge pot hole and it started making the noise.

I went to the dealership the next day got in the car with the tech showed him and said this thing has more squeaks and rattles than my decade old pick up did and is unacceptable.

They agreed to fix it right away and gave me a rental car. You bought a brand new 30000$ car don't put up with it.

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
One spot is the black plastic that's right under the right fender. I poked it yesterday and it make an eerily familiar sound lol... You can see it when the door is open. I found mine was loose, plan to put just a bit of epoxy sometime to stick it back in place so it won't creak. There's also the A pillar area, but mine seems to be the front right.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
That seems to be similar noise, but chances are it is not it. I had the dealer line my plastic with foam tape and put it back on, still makes the noise. Probably like Dr said fender meets the A pillar weld is rubbing.

·
13 Genesis Coupe R-SPEC
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Okay soo car has been at the dealer for 3 days now. yesterday they contacted me saying they couldnt find the problem yet and are still looking and have to call the national technician in. called me back today and said they found the problem was a piece of metal protruding and rubbing by the right front fender and they are going to just grind it off. idk if its just me but if the metal is protruding seems like something is broken and grinding isnt going to solve anything. also didn't sound like a metal rubbing against metal sound idk I'm arguing with them now ill keep you posted .. let me know on your thoughts

·
Timbit Biter
1,775 Posts
When a car body creaks, it usually is metal rubbing against metal.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts