Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

101 - 120 of 147 Posts

·
Desert Rat
1,246 Posts
Pretty sure all of this is driver error. My 13 doesn't do this at all. I'd like to see some videos of this "lag".
I have a BTR tune but I have put my stock ECU back in 2 times now and I can't get my car to lag in anyway at all unless I try to shift at 2000 RPM and then floor it int he next gear. I think this is all driver error as well.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have a BTR tune but I have put my stock ECU back in 2 times now and I can't get my car to lag in anyway at all unless I try to shift at 2000 RPM and then floor it int he next gear. I think this is all driver error as well.
Watched the video of the OP, no disrespect but you are definitely shifting slowly brotha.

·
'14 2.0t R-Spec
51 Posts
Watched the video of the OP, no disrespect but you are definitely shifting slowly brotha.
Your drunk if you think its driver error lol.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a 2014 2.0t Rspec and I have the same problem. I am new to writing on forums but I am not new to driving sports cars. I even have a nic name for this lack of power while shifting, I call it the bark and bog. I have had multiple friends(with respectable modded sports cars) drive this car and claim the same problem with severe power loss shifting from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd. I know how to shift and I think this car has some kind of ECU nanny programmed on it. I watch the rpm guage as well as the boost guage and it's easy to see that the boost drops significantly. I even have an Edge Insight CTS to monitor many PID's and don't understand why I can't put the power to the pavement. I always take off the traction and stability control but there's still something stepping in to cause a power loss. With the power the 2014 2.0T advertises, it should boil the tires off through 1st and 2nd gear. I really want to know if a stage 1.5 from from SFR will fix this? If so, I'm purchasing imediatley.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just bought a 14 rspec two weeks ago. i was having the same problem. i chocked it up to being a new car and i wasnt shifting properly. took it back to the dealer the next day for a unrelated issue. took the tech on a drive and when i got on it he said it didnt feel right. Hyundai is replacing the transmission in mine. doubt it will fix the lag, but ill be watching this thread.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for your input. I bought mine about two months ago. I may take a trip to the dealer as well then. Please let us know if that fixes the problem.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
I think it has been mentioned before that a tune will resolve this issue.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yes its definitely a stock tune issue on the 2014.
I had the same problem, got my SFR tune and the problem is completely gone. The car is a whole new animal now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for your insight hazard x. Now I'm just debating if I should get stage 1.5 tune? The only mod I have is a K&N intake, will a stage 1.5
work well with only an intake and add mods later? I will add the colder plugs at least as soon as I throw the tuned ecu in. Will I be good then?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Im not too comfortable answering that, in case something goes wrong. They say full bolt ons are needed. But FYI Im on the 1.5 tune with intake and gutted cats (stock o2 housing and stock cat - just gutted) and my car runs fine, im sure there is more power to gain with full exhaust and intercooler upgrades. Id say at least free up the exhaust before going WOT on the 1.5

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Interesting..
just read through all the pages. and this is something ive never really paid to close attention to. but I may check it out today when I head out for lunch to see..
I have a 2013 2.0T Rspec. I want to say the boost does drop in between gears but just barely.. and since I had the car straight piped I like to do quick shifts where I dump a tiny bit of throttle in right before I push the clutch it to hear a crackling pop from the exhaust and I am too concentrated on that to really pay attention to any boost problems.
But I will check this for my own reassurance to see. and maybe take a picture or video of the boost and rev gauges.

·
Registered
27 Posts
im pretty sure its an issue with only the 14's. probably something in the factory tune. I might see if the dealer has any updated tunes when i go pick up the car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
When do you get your 2014 2.0t back Ceejkay with the transmission replacement? I'm really curious if it's a transmission problem, if it is I want to get mine replaced as well. Or if it's as simple as an upgraded tune from the dealer. Please keep us updated!

·
Haltech Employee
28 Posts
I have the same issue with my 2014 R-Spec. Its definitely not a shifting problem and most likely a tune problem. As soon as the clutch is pressed in, boost is cut immediately and its like hitting a brick wall. I've found it to be a little better when shifting about 5500rpms instead of letting it go to redline. But regardless, its still annoying and a fix is definitely needed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
When do you get your 2014 2.0t back Ceejkay with the transmission replacement? I'm really curious if it's a transmission problem, if it is I want to get mine replaced as well. Or if it's as simple as an upgraded tune from the dealer. Please keep us updated!
i dont have the car back yet. its not a transmission problem.

I have the same issue with my 2014 R-Spec. Its definitely not a shifting problem and most likely a tune problem. As soon as the clutch is pressed in, boost is cut immediately and its like hitting a brick wall. I've found it to be a little better when shifting about 5500rpms instead of letting it go to redline. But regardless, its still annoying and a fix is definitely needed.
that about sums it up right there. it would be nice if they made a cheap tune that plugs into the obd port to fix that.

·
Haltech Employee
28 Posts
i dont have the car back yet. its not a transmission problem.

that about sums it up right there. it would be nice if they made a cheap tune that plugs into the obd port to fix that.
Did your trans or anyone's for that matter, feel kinda notchy at times? Make a thunk noise more so than a grinding noise? Occasionally, it feels notchy when shifting into second or third with normal driving. Its sometime dependent on how quickly I try to shift but other times, fast or slow its still there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I tried removing that plug for the sensor on top of the clutch pedal today in my 2014 2.0t rspec and I did get better throttle response but the car won't let me go past 5000 rpm with it unplugged.

·
Registered
12 Posts
has anyone tried bypassing the solenoid to see if that does anything.... i to have a 2014 spec and it falls flat on its nose at the high rpm and quick shifts.... never paid attention to boost but i can guarantee thats whats going on as a second later it throw u back in the seats. I also do find that u can spin the tires between gears at the slight lower rpm

·
Need more power !
760 Posts
I have the same exact problem on my 2014 r-spec. It's like major boost lag when shifting. It doesn't happen all the time but when it does it sucks ass. !!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
well got the car back with a new transmission. Wow i forgot how bad the boost drop was. this thing falls flat on its face when you shift. its literally like tapping the brakes as soon as you dump the clutch. dealer said theres no ecu updates either

101 - 120 of 147 Posts