Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

141 - 147 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I know that if i shift at or around 7100-7200 ill lose all boost between shifting. im also running off manifold. if i shift at 6900 or right at 7k, i usually dont lose anything.
If you **** too late you bounce off the rev limiter and cut power. I don't know what you guys are driving but stock the shift point is 6500. Shift at 6200 and it will bounce off redline perfectly.
Ok, i'm sorry i'm still trying to wrap my head around this. Our rev limiter is now set to 7200 with my BTR Stage 2. And yet PEAK POWER (close to 300 HP) according to the dyno sheet is roughly around 6200 - 6300 after 6000. So is there really a purpose of pushing the car to 6800 - 7000 with this tune if all you're doing is loosing power, when the power band continues peaking between 5000 - 6300?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I know that if i shift at or around 7100-7200 ill lose all boost between shifting. im also running off manifold. if i shift at 6900 or right at 7k, i usually dont lose anything.
Ok so for all you BTR Stage 2 Tuned and "sweet spot" shifting guys out there, i just got done talking with BTR. Who would know more about their tune and shifting for it then them right?

Pretty much everything varies, so your own driving experience will differ but here is the ideal shifting areas with the tune.

On a dig: 6200-6300 through 3rd and once into 4th let the throttle go to 6800-7000.

On a higher speed roll (65-75 MPH): If in 6th, and even in 5th, downshift to 3rd and let the throttle go to 6800-7000. Should be no boost drop.

Gonna test this on my car when i get it back from the shop :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Ok, i'm sorry i'm still trying to wrap my head around this. Our rev limiter is now set to 7200 with my BTR Stage 2. And yet PEAK POWER (close to 300 HP) according to the dyno sheet is roughly around 6200 - 6300 after 6000. So is there really a purpose of pushing the car to 6800 - 7000 with this tune if all you're doing is loosing power, when the power band continues peaking between 5000 - 6300?
Ok so for all you BTR Stage 2 Tuned and "sweet spot" shifting guys out there, i just got done talking with BTR. Who would know more about their tune and shifting for it then them right?

Pretty much everything varies, so your own driving experience will differ but here is the ideal shifting areas with the tune.

On a dig: 6200-6300 through 3rd and once into 4th let the throttle go to 6800-7000.

On a higher speed roll (65-75 MPH): If in 6th, and even in 5th, downshift to 3rd and let the throttle go to 6800-7000. Should be no boost drop.

Gonna test this on my car when i get it back from the shop :)
soooo......i make power all the way till redline...i dont know what your talking about. ill put this here for now, ill upload the pic somewhere and share here...actually..its in the dyno sheets stickied somewhere...

https://youtu.be/mlnZeC6oXoY

here you go, max power is at 7.01 rpm...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nice!!!! And you have the BTR STAGE 2? I don't have any close dyno's in my area, shoot maybe I need to just find one throw mine on there and see what I get. Thanks for the post!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Nice!!!! And you have the BTR STAGE 2? I don't have any close dyno's in my area, shoot maybe I need to just find one throw mine on there and see what I get. Thanks for the post!
no read my sig, im running a SFR stage 1 canned tune. next year ill be going for a BTR Stage 2..just not sure if im willing to lose cruise control atm...but i know the power after the tune is around 325 WHP and 354 WTQ

....at least that's a custom tune i believe if its a canned stage 2 tune from BTR..i don't know what they will put out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sorry I'm on the mobile view, so on my screen it doesn't show the sigs. that's why I was talking with BTR cause of their dyno sheets and results with their stage 2 tune, which is what I have. Thanks again for the post bro!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Im no where near pro when it comes to these cars, but after reading and practicing with my 14 2.0T premium i realized what you all are talking about. I get that when i fully clutch in when im power shifting and no rev matching.

I find if your trying to bang through 1,2,3 gears you need to slip the clutch a bit and rev match. This provides much smoother acceleration....... Here is the tricky part for 3-4-5. The clutch has a very high grab point. In most cars im used to pressing the clutch all the way in ( to the floor) before evoking a gear change. This car doesn't like that when your on it!!! When you start pulling in 3rd and are approaching redline change your gear by only pressing the clutch half way this will allow the gear to grab much quicker and wont allow your wastagate to dump all your built up boost. 6 I find is normal.

As one poster said earlier in this thread. No need to go all the way down on the clutch with these cars.
I swear - to drive this car correctly its more about style and getting used to it rather then science and what you know from past vehicles.

Pretty annoying and frustrating to get used to. Im shocked COBB hasnt made a AP for these yet....

141 - 147 of 147 Posts