Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so these past 2-3 days I have noticed that my car has been feeling slower. Now when I WOT or slowly ease into boost I do not hit full boost until around 5k rpms. The car's power seems like it is being held back until 5k RPMS and then i can literally feel the car hit full boost and push me back into the seat. The weird thing is the stock boost gauge is working correctly and reading full boost at 15psi when I WOT or ease into it. I have no CEL so thats weird as well. This problem occurs in every gear but sometimes it will be random (like 1st-3rd pretty bad, but gears after seem better but still same bad) and so will the boost. Sometimes as I load into boost it feels like the boost is cutting out intermittent or like its holding back boost even though it reads 15psi. I am thinking its maybe the WGA (Watergate Actuator) or spark plugs or coil packs. I've replaced the boost solenoid before, as well as the full throttle body assembly. I have stock 02 housing, isr downpipe, tomei cat delete and catback. along with a turboXS BOV and just a filter cone instead of the stock airbox, no tune. 2013 6 spd w/ 157k miles. Could it be something with timing? Or maybe fuel getting cut off? Overboosting and ECU is making things weird? Or maybe the WGA took a dump like how my bov solenoid and throttle body did? Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
16,246 Posts
Okay so these past 2-3 days I have noticed that my car has been feeling slower. Now when I WOT or slowly ease into boost I do not hit full boost until around 5k rpms. The car's power seems like it is being held back until 5k RPMS and then i can literally feel the car hit full boost and push me back into the seat. The weird thing is the stock boost gauge is working correctly and reading full boost at 15psi when I WOT or ease into it. I have no CEL so thats weird as well. This problem occurs in every gear but sometimes it will be random (like 1st-3rd pretty bad, but gears after seem better but still same bad) and so will the boost. Sometimes as I load into boost it feels like the boost is cutting out intermittent or like its holding back boost even though it reads 15psi. I am thinking its maybe the WGA (Watergate Actuator) or spark plugs or coil packs. I've replaced the boost solenoid before, as well as the full throttle body assembly. I have stock 02 housing, isr downpipe, tomei cat delete and catback. along with a turboXS BOV and just a filter cone instead of the stock airbox, no tune. 2013 6 spd w/ 157k miles. Could it be something with timing? Or maybe fuel getting cut off? Overboosting and ECU is making things weird? Or maybe the WGA took a dump like how my bov solenoid and throttle body did? Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
With all the posts you have been starting lately, I'm thinking it's something else.
The solenoid on the Bk2 is just to control the BPR valve/BOV

If the the mileage in you sig is correct, I would change the timing chain before the timing becomes off enough to ram a valve into a piston.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've actually been having the same issue!
If I WOT below 3k RPMs, it feels like something isn't working right, and I barely move, even though my boost gauge shows I'm at full boost and I can hear it.
But once I hit 3k, I get pushed back in my seat and take off!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've actually been having the same issue!
If I WOT below 3k RPMs, it feels like something isn't working right, and I barely move, even though my boost gauge shows I'm at full boost and I can hear it.
But once I hit 3k, I get pushed back in my seat and take off!
Thats normal. Boost for the genny usally hits around 3k rpms.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With all the posts you have been starting lately, I'm thinking it's something else.
The solenoid on the Bk2 is just to control the BPR valve/BOV

If the the mileage in you sig is correct, I would change the timing chain before the timing becomes off enough to ram a valve into a piston.
Thats the mileage on the body/sensors/turbo. Engine is 1k/2k away from 100k miles. I am def going to get the chain done but I may have my fixed my issue. For now she is back to normal and all I did was unplug better, take out spark plugs, inspect/clean them, and put em back in cuz they were not bad at all. After doing that and going for a test drive the car felt normal and boost wasnt cutting off or hitting super late in the RPMs. Long story short, I need a new DailyDriver!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts