Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all, i have problem with my gen
Rspec 2.0T 2014
Few days ago i have installed new catback Tsudo, and i have issue with boost on 5000-5500 rpm.
On full throttle on 5000-5000 rpm boost drops, like i trying burnout with esp on.
Maybe some problems with wastegate or with ecu after i installed new exhaust.

P.S. sorry for my ban English:))

·
Registered
998 Posts
Anything else done to the car or just the cat-back? Kind of hard to tell what I'm hearing in the video. Was it the "wavy" sounding exhaust note a little after 4000pms?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anything else done to the car or just the cat-back? Kind of hard to tell what I'm hearing in the video. Was it the "wavy" sounding exhaust note a little after 4000pms?
Inejn intake and TURBOXS SML HYBRID BLOW OFF VALVE

I think ECU dropped it after overboost, or maybe some trouble with BOV.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Possible boost leak. Check BOV lines. The electronic wastegate is known to regulate boost if the BOV is connected to the boost solenoid. Doing the boost solenoid bypass and connecting it to the intake manifold will hold boost better. I have the same BOV and did the bypass and it holds boost so much better. Follow this video if you want to do it, its like a $10 mod. Ive done the mod for the past 6 months and there is no problems.

·
Premium Member
16,133 Posts
If the ecu gets a CEL because of overboost, it's going to cut boost and keep the bov closed. even off throttle.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think it some problems with EWGA. I have checked by OBD scanner and see CEL code P2562.
Already ordered new EWGA, next week will install it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had the same problem with mine once i removed all cats. Over a year ago I did that "wastegate mod" turning the rod 1.5 turns tighter to "improve performance" and that was what caused the issue. it was never a problem till I installed depo racing o2 housing. Turned it back 1.5 turns to original, reset computer and have had no problems since.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have checked boost, it 20psi in peak
I think it is not normal for stock? maybe this is the reason why boost drops

what is the stock boost on BK2?

·
Licenced Tech
372 Posts
a P2562 can be caused by a malfunctioning BOV also had this issue 2 weeks ago with a customers car and a Forge. Test the EWG before forking out cash with that code

·
dontmindme. justcreepin
182 Posts
Make sure your BOV is closing during full boost. I had to adjust my RFL spring rate because I had the same issue as you. Boost would hesitate because it wasn't fully closing

1 - 12 of 12 Posts