Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just installed my bored tb (80mm) and man I am very surprised by the difference. I haven't hit wot yet since I was told it leans out pretty good without a tune (getting dyno tuned in two weeks). But I gave it a little go from a stop and I just seen my wife get thrown back in her seat and my front end lift (just a lil, but didn't before) lol she was like wha why is the front lifting?! Hahaha I have exhaust and test pipes along with some small heat saving mods, so nothing major on top of it, but bang for your buck I am very impressed.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Um placebo effect? I doubt it adds forced induction style power! 😂😂😂 You won't feel even 15 whp in our heavy cars. :p

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Um placebo effect? I doubt it adds forced induction style power! 😂😂😂 You won't feel even 15 whp in our heavy cars. :p

Our cars aren't that heavy...3250lbs? And how the hell could you not notice 15hp? If your in tune with your car you should notice every little bit

·
Registered
52 Posts
JC, are you running your stock tune? Just wondering if the difference would be there if someone is running a BTR/SFR canned tune?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JC, are you running your stock tune? Just wondering if the difference would be there if someone is running a BTR/SFR canned tune?
Stock tune, with test pipes and cat back. Getting dyno tuned in less than 2 weeks. I was told it leans out pretty good at wot and I feel like that could be true from what I feel. But from 2000-4000 rpm I can definitely feel a difference. You can hear the sucking sound when you gas it on the freeway. Also looking at the fuel consumption gauge we get, looks like I'm using less fuel at cruising speed, time will tell on that one

·
Registered
143 Posts
hoping to do this mod while gennie is sleeping thru the long salt-ridden winter...
planning on the intake match as well.
as far as running lean, shouldn't the ecu detect that and compensate with a tad more fuel as it learns the new tb? I would think the sensors would detect and call for more fuel.

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
3,077 Posts
The stock tune is rich so you should not have an issue at WOT, adding a bored throttle body to an existing custom tune is what causes issues since they have timing and fueling optimized for the car's current setup, several custom tuned cars have seen issues when adding a bored TB after the fact.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't have the gauges to check and see if it was running lean. I was just told (by someone else who is pretty knowledgeable) to watch it at wot. The computer will adjust, but only ever to a point. Which is why you need a tune for mods in the first place(not the only reason obviously)...if the computer could fully adjust there'd be far less need for a tune. I don't know the exact amount, but I believe with fuel mapping and timing it will only go up or down within certain parameters. But someone out there far smarter than me with more knowledge would know more. And as far as what I feel at wot...It just feels like at the top of the rpm before I shift, like it's running out of power instead of just pulling all the way (I have auto so I can't pull to 7000)

·
Cone Killa
375 Posts
Does the Torque app have the ability to read air fuel ratio? If so, you could download it, hook it up to your car and see for yourself. And then share the results with the rest of us xD. Also, how much of a throttle response improvement did you notice? I find the stock throttle response to be a little laggy.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does the Torque app have the ability to read air fuel ratio? If so, you could download it, hook it up to your car and see for yourself. And then share the results with the rest of us xD. Also, how much of a throttle response improvement did you notice? I find the stock throttle response to be a little laggy.
The throttle response still is a little laggy, but I'm hoping with the cai going in and the dyno tune that'll all go away. It was improved somewhat, but definitely not where you'd want it yey. The 2 biggest things I noticed was from a dead stop it picked up quicker, and midish range felt like it pulled harder. This torque app can it connect to the car without having a Bluetooth obd2 hookup?

·
Cone Killa
375 Posts
The throttle response still is a little laggy, but I'm hoping with the cai going in and the dyno tune that'll all go away. It was improved somewhat, but definitely not where you'd want it yey. The 2 biggest things I noticed was from a dead stop it picked up quicker, and midish range felt like it pulled harder. This torque app can it connect to the car without having a Bluetooth obd2 hookup?
Gotcha, thanks. Yeah, I believe you can get a cable that has an OBD2 hookup on one end and the other with a microUSB/iPhone X connection.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,268 Posts

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
3,077 Posts
Have you confirmed that it can control that on our cars? The Hyundai function list I saw for these was missing the key to explain what it could set, and conveniently it's missing any Hyundai information from that product page.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,268 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I didn't see genesis as one of the models on that list, I also am dyslexic and could've just read right past it lol that would be pretty cool if that worked, but I'm also getting dyno tuned in like a week so that solves my problems 😊

1 - 20 of 57 Posts