Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed coilovers a couple weeks ago, and got an alignment. Height looked fine until I drove home and realized how low the rear was sagging. Just wondering what I have to do to keep it from dropping like that. Dampener settings will not help because that will just change how fast it will sag. Do I have to preload my springs a little bit more? And if I do that, will I have to raise the strut height to maintain the same level of drop?

·
Registered
880 Posts
What? The coils will settle over time but shouldn't be much. Just readjust the rear height higher. Fixed :dunno:

On the megans, the rears will naturally be lower if all the coils on the car are bottomed out......my rears are set higher than my fronts to adjust for this....but then again I raised the whole car to escape the scrape fest

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea im readjusting them today to compensate for the slouch. The fronts are perfect, just the rears are sagging low. I just drove up to NY and its scrape city over here

·
2012 3.8 Track ZF-6-SPD
2,925 Posts
Scrape city like skyscrapers... Lol get it.. .get it... -_-

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
40,514 Posts
Okie... if you have springs and struts in the rear (not true coilovers like you have in the front), you have to adjust the springs first, then adjust the preload on the strut separately.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so raised my suspension so it sits even height rear and fronts. Had to adjust the struts on the passenger rear less than the drivers side. What is weird is when the car gets dropped down after lifted, the heigts are the same all around. As soon as 2 people sit in the front, the driver side sags down more. So the driver side strut is adjusted higher than the passenger rear. Measure the length and everything and it has to be uneven in order for the heights to be same all around. Weird..

·
GenSport KY
868 Posts
This is normal, get it corner balanced to fix this. Also you can change springs right to left to help offset the droop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts