Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry i know its a lot to read but this is what i sent paypal it has the whole story.
7/27/2013 Buyer: 6/22/13 at 7:05 am i purchased bc racing coilovers from john from a web site called gencoupe.com It was a Saturday so he told me he would update me with shipping information that week. on 6/20/13 I emailed him and asked if he ever sent them out and if so the tracking information. 6/28/13 he emailed me back and said he was in the process of shipping everything out. on 7/4/13 I emailed asking for an update. 7/8/13 he emailed back saying his job sent him out of town he has them boxed up and will be back in town on July 24th. he gave me his cell #. 7/9/13 I text him letting him know i received the email. he apologized for it taking so long. 7/21/13 I text asking if he still is going to be back in town on 7/24/13 if he would have them in the mail by 7/25/13 he said yes. 7/25/13 i text him asking for shipping # said just got in from out of town that day his flight was delayed. i asked for shipping # to be text to me 7/26/13. 7/27/13 i text asking for conformation. no response. 2/27/13 text said if no conformation on being mailed i want to have my money back. no response. I have waited over a month. I don't want to wait anymore.
7/27/2013 13:31 PDT - Buyer: 800.00 + the 25.00 fee
8/11/2013 19:46 PDT - PayPal: Buyer escalated this dispute to a Claim.
8/11/2013 19:46 PDT - Buyer: Since i opened the dispute and informed him of it on 7/27/13. I have had him give me numerous reasons why he still hasn't sent them. 7/23/13 He stated had lost his job so things have been bad. He would have them out that Tuesday. On 7/30/13 I messaged him about if they were sent out he said it was 2 yr wedding anniversary. I sent a message on 7/31/13 to just put the money back in my paypal account. No answer. On 8/1/13 I asked him to please answer. He said he was at post office and they were to expensive to ship. He told me I had to wait until he got his last paycheck on Friday. 8/5/13 I asked him if he sent them he said no its the next Friday he gets paid. Following Friday 8/9/13 asked him if he sent them out. He said he was at post office. He also said he was hoping they would let them ship the package. I asked him for a tracking number. No answer. 8/11/13 I asked him for tracking number no answer. I am done waiting. I purchased these June 22, 2013 it is now August 11, 2013. I don't want any more reasons why they haven't been shipped out.
on 8/11/13 @ 11:53 pm he stated he would issue me a refund. its the 15th and i'm still waiting. from what i understand he is selling the genesis. but i just don't want anyone to try and buy his coils. I had done some research and he has sold other things on gen coupe and i never saw any complaints about him. i know he had wheels he was selling also. did he ever send them to the person who bought them?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Im in the same boat. I tried to buy his wheels and its been 2 months and i don' t have a damn thing to show for it. Hes been telling me this and that as to why he hasnt shipped out the wheels. Said hes been trying to replace the rear tires because they were pretty worn down but the tires he wants to put on there are out of stock. hes been saying he is going to give me a refund but hasnt given me much info on the matter and I stupidly sent the money as a gift to him and went past my dispute time so right now im SOL and not a happy person. Hes been telling me hes been busy with joining he USAF which is funny because Im a member of the AF and i feel like im being ripped off. Im out 1200 bux and i dont get paid much as it is. Has anything been sorted out for you?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Omg, I knew you were out there somewhere. He had told me he sold his wheels also. Used you as one of his many excuses. I feel so bad for you that you went past your dispute date. I would still contact paypal because they will have record of my recent issue with him too.
I received my 800.00 last wednesday from paypal. But not the 29.40 fee. I also sent it as a gift. (He asked me too)
You are never going to get them. I found him on instagram and he was posting his flordia vacation he was on. At the time he said he was on a buisness trip. He also told me was fired from his job. But he is supposedly an entrepreneur. He has every excuse in the book of why he can't ever ship them. Do you have his cell phone number?
My palpal info is [email protected] put it in your paypal dispute that I had the same problem. I am still mad about my 29.40 but wow 1200.00 I would be so upset. Keep me updated on whats going on with it. Save all you text/pms. My instagram name is the same as on here. I can look up his ig name for you. Dont be nice to him. He is a jack ass. Spends all wednesday and sunday at church but is stealing from people!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
193 Posts
yeah i had his cell number right off the bat. he keep telling me everything possible why he couldnt ship them. Im going to get in contact with paypal for sure. Good thing you were able to get the issue resolved. What has me mad is that he was telling me he is joining the air force and he is ripping off someone actually in the air force. appreciate the info and i will keep you updated.

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
With this much money involved i would of been at his doorstep with police officers a looong time ago. I would still try and make the claim. This has never happened to me, can local police be called/involved as well?

·
Registered
193 Posts
i honestly dont know but if i could get out to texas i would definitely find him and get my money back and the wheels as a prize. I tried to have patience at first but now i realize i was dumb with the whole situation and hope i can get something done about it. If i cant get this sorted out i can only really blame myself for not filing a dispute in time.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I filled it 3 days before the last day. I was just pissed at the dumb excuses

·
Timbit Biter
1,775 Posts
Where does the seller live? Maybe someone who lives close would pay him a visit.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@JohnattanTorres thats his instagram name. Maybe his nice watch he could sell to get you your 1200.00 back

·
Timbit Biter
1,775 Posts
Is he from Puerto Rico? I just ask because of the PR in his screen name.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mother f before i bought the coils i looked and saw nothing negative.... :banghead:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Timbit Biter
1,775 Posts
Yeah thanks, i've been around awhile. I got it. Ive been on gencoupe going on 3 years. First purchase ive had an issue with.

Sorry, wasn't being condescending. That's just how I found the thread.

I really liked how his entire car, like every body panel, got keyed until I started thinking he and his buddies probably keyed the car themselves so he could get a new paint job for $100. I mean, who the hell keys every body panel of a car?

http://www.gencoupe.com/media/100207-pr_gen787-build-thread-media-thread-pic-heavy.html

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Timbit Biter
1,775 Posts
Haha!:point:

·
Registered
193 Posts
what a scumbag this guy is. I just hope i can get this money back some way