Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, so I put a hks bov on my car yesterday and followed all the steps and everything and idk what I did wrong but I have an engine light on. Can any one help?

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
The P2261 CEL is a common occurrence with any HKS bov.

Get torque app with an MX OBD reader so you can scan and clear these. No big deal. HKS can be adjusted, but finding someone knowledgeable in doing this is tough.

I dont know 2.0 T setup but I do know that HKS bov does not like vac line activation from a solenoid. 1/4 ID line from your IM via a vac block is ideal for the HKS.
That requires you to loop the oem solenoid to make your ECM happy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Which port for solenoid bypass :D

I'm having a differnt issue and looking for a second opinion. Been researching all over and there are two options to pull vacuum from. I followed both of these guides. I know about blocking off and keeping solenoid plugged in to avoid the CEL.
. at 04:29 user RSM shows he's pulling vacuum straight from intake manifold into t tubing which runs to hks bov with reducer and black white bypass up top. User BSM attaches the hose to the intake manifold then has secondary line going to bov and green white valve cap seen here
at 0:32 seconds. So its two different ports right next to eachother. I would think RSM is better since larger tubing coming straight from intake manifold. Any of you guys have opinions of how you did it? I know running from stock solenoid doesnt give enough pressure which is why I am looking at these two alternatives. I Have an RFL I posted and drew a picture for you guys what I am talking about. :D

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E51ryl_3GqDtBpMV7a39eTMuFctYdYo9/view?usp=sharing

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,458 Posts
The line coming off the back of the TB going to the canister purge valve (black and white) is ideal.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Straight from IM to BOV is best for HKS

I would do the second video soloution. Get a biggger ID vac line. His is way too small, make sure its silicone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts