Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, right now I have a 2014 2.0t. I have an SRI, cat back exhaust with hi flow cat downpipe, and stage 1.5 sfr tune. I just want to know if I really need to invest in an aftermarket BOV. Is the stock one enough for where I'm at? And if so, what kind of BOV do you recommend? And I did search, couldn't really find anything. Not for a bk2 anyway

·
IG: jasonlikedthis
822 Posts
Stock BOV leaks boost for the tune. People's options for aftermarket are Forge and Synapse.

·
dontmindme. justcreepin
182 Posts
Yes, the stock one is probably leaking by now. The diaphragm is not designed to hold much boost at all. I first used the HKS SSQV with adapter plate on my stock location because I liked the sound on my other cars. Sold that when I got my TurboXS front mount which came with the RFL.
There's a few options for stock location if you get the adapter plate like HKS, TurboXS RFL and maybe another I can't think of. As far as ones you don't need the adapter plate as mentioned above the Forge with the addition of the TurboXS SML. If you don't want to use the stock location, there are cold side pipe kits with BOVs like the Synapse which they do have a 13-14 kit. You'd have to look up the reviews though, as I have only had experience with the HKS, RFL, and Greddy type S back in the days which they don't make anymore. Hope this helps

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, the stock one is probably leaking by now. The diaphragm is not designed to hold much boost at all. I first used the HKS SSQV with adapter plate on my stock location because I liked the sound on my other cars. Sold that when I got my TurboXS front mount which came with the RFL.
There's a few options for stock location if you get the adapter plate like HKS, TurboXS RFL and maybe another I can't think of. As far as ones you don't need the adapter plate as mentioned above the Forge with the addition of the TurboXS SML. If you don't want to use the stock location, there are cold side pipe kits with BOVs like the Synapse which they do have a 13-14 kit. You'd have to look up the reviews though, as I have only had experience with the HKS, RFL, and Greddy type S back in the days which they don't make anymore. Hope this helps
I got the first couple of sentences, but you lost me after that. Kind of a noob when it comes to turbos. What do you mean by the stock location, where else would it go? Should it go in a different location?

·
dontmindme. justcreepin
182 Posts
Just go with the Forge or TurboXS SML. It's straightforward to install and will meet your needs.
Don't get too confused over what I said earlier, you'll eventually pick it up in time. This forum and YouTube will be plenty of help with your learning experience.

Just for a reference:
SML=blow off sound
Forge=blow off sound
Forge Recirculating=quiet blow off sound

I guess the real question is do you want louder or not so loud. Videos of each are on YouTube to help you decide which one you want.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just go with the Forge or TurboXS SML. It's straightforward to install and will meet your needs.
Don't get too confused over what I said earlier, you'll eventually pick it up in time. This forum and YouTube will be plenty of help with your learning experience.

Just for a reference:
SML=blow off sound
Forge=blow off sound
Forge Recirculating=quiet blow off sound

I guess the real question is do you want louder or not so loud. Videos of each are on YouTube to help you decide which one you want.
Okay thanks for the summary! Much appreciated, thanks both for the help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts