Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, I had to replace 2 wheels studs that were stripped. I had to step on the brake several times during the install of the new studs to adjust the hub to make it easier on me. Unfortunately, the caliper was off the rotor at this point and I think I pressed the brakes to many times and over extended the piston.

Now, everything is back in place, however, the piston doesn't want to decompress so that I can slide it over the rotor. I've tried releasing the bleeder valve to see if that would work but it still won't budge. Has anyone ever run into this? Is there a fx or am I looking to have to replace a seized caliper

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
My only suggestion would be a large C clamp and somthing flat and solid to push the pistons SQUARELY back into their bores, if their not square with the bore their not going in and they will get damaged if forced.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tried that. i used a a rather large c clamp and placed a brake pad against the piston to distribute pressure evenly against the piston and still nothing. a friend suggested i leave the cap off the fluid reservoir and loosen the bleeder valve again in hopes that it might relieve more pressure letting me put it back in place. otherwise, i feel like I've tried everything else.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,554 Posts
They aren't hard to rebuild. I would take it off first, then force the piston out with some compressed air; beware your fingers. Then try and push the piston evenly back in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts