Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I installed an adjustable clutch rod with a new master cylinder and a SS clutch line. When I got done bleeding I noticed there was a leak under the master cylinder. Its coming from where the hard line goes into the master cylinder.
It's seeping out of where the clip goes. I didn't have to loosen anything to remove the old one besides the clip.
I have no idea how to go about it.
Grey Wood Cash Personal protective equipment Currency

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,606 Posts
Probably an Oring down there maybe. None the less you will have to take it apart to repair or investigate.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would it be the o ring on the hard line? Would you happen to know the part number?

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,606 Posts
I have no idea. You need to take it apart if tightening it does not stop the leak.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright well hopefully I can figure it out if not I'll just have to take it somewhere

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I called a dealer and there is no part number for just the O-ring and I would have to buy a brand new hardline just to get the O-ring. 😩

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,606 Posts
I don't know if it even has an oring. Maybe a teflon seal or something. Have you tried to tighten it? Is it cross threaded? Is it where it screws/clips into the clutch master cylinder?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I cut the master cylinder in half since it was messed up anyway. Here are some of the pictures I got, also the O-ring for the hard line fitting to master clutch cylinder discharge outlet was cut .

I saw this on another thread. You can see the small O-ring on the fitting.

I tried tightening but it wouldn't really budge but I didn't have to loosen it to get the old MC off. I'd have to take the ecu out again to really get in there. It's literally just held on with a little c clip.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Blue arrow is where the leak is. It isn't leaking where the red arrow is.
Headgear Line Gas Personal protective equipment Pattern

1 - 10 of 10 Posts