Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i thought of doing a DIY vid but then i found this.

yep it's that easy.

also if you have a decent grip you can actually squeeze the calipers by hand with the old pads on. really quick brake job.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Wow, that looks like something I might even be able to do as I'm not very mechanically inclined. If I end up keeping the car past the lease I may have to as I'm sure those pads are expensive compared to regular pads...

·
Registered
413 Posts
Now a simple question ?

The pad that will fit on those brembo are different than standard pads ? Or are those the same pads that will fit on the none brembo genesis brakes?

Just wondering since I have never used Brembo's until now on my 3.8 GT
:dunno:

And those pin just are nailed in the cast iron brembo's ! They could loosin and fall of according to me.

·
Finesse Is Everything
1,734 Posts
Extremely simple.... Love it.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Brembo pads are different from standard pads. And the pins won't back out. You'll see.
The rrason I was asking about the Brembo pads being different,is to order them.

When I search for pads they will ask the car, model but will not ask if pads for standard or Brembo models.

I see you have the track model in the states but here in Canada we don't have the track . The model we have with brembo breaks is the Genesis coupe 3.5 GT. It comes fully loaded with 19 inch and Brembo brakes. Is that the equivalent of your Track model ?

If you know of a site were they show and sell the pads for the Brembo please show the link, I need padss for track use. I love the Yellow pads ( used them on my Altima SER ) but don't know if they fit.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes they are different from the standard pads. if ordering pads you will have to specify brembo brakes.

as far as the pins go. they are pretty much the same. on the back of the pin is an expandible fitting that secures it. when you try to punch it out you'll see. it's in there good.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Well the Brembo brake change is certainly user friendly; probably the easiest pad swap I have seen. However, for the guys changing his pads on his EVO, I highly recommend putting a rag inbetween the channel locks when depressing the caliper. I guess this guys doesn't care about destroying the nice red caliper paint. Otherwise, nice to see the How-tos

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
from personal experience you can squeeze the pads by hand to depress the caliper. just grip it and it's no big deal. makes the change even faster.

·
Registered
413 Posts
yes they are different from the standard pads. if ordering pads you will have to specify brembo brakes.

as far as the pins go. they are pretty much the same. on the back of the pin is an expandible fitting that secures it. when you try to punch it out you'll see. it's in there good.
Would someone have a code number or part number for EBC Yellow stuf brake pads for the Brembo ? I love those pads for track and can't get the right part number for it. Front and back,
Thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've never changed Brembo pads before, but it sure looks like a novice might change the pads and take off without pumping the pedal to get the pistons back out. If you do this, pump your brakes, and make sure you've got a firm pedal before you take off. BTW, thanks for the link, this really seems simple. But when I do mine I'm going to pull the calipers a clean the dust from around the piston seals.

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
Here is a great tech article from Stoptech regarding the "bed" in process. Explains what it is and the proper steps to perform. Good info.

StopTech : Balanced Brake Upgrades

1 - 20 of 85 Posts