Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everybody, So I kinda ****ed up when replacing my dome lights I broke one of the lenses, now its just a hole with a light shinning out, I've been trying to find a new one but its impossible to find one without buying the whole assembly which I Don't want to do. Can anyone please help me with this? Thank you

·
Registered
49 Posts
When I got my sunroof button replaced on my 2013 they told me the whole top assembly is one piece and you have to unscrew the whole thing from the sunglasses holder. They also told me that the assembly cost 600 which is crazy...I hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yeah I would look for used/wreckers. Hyundai doesn't sell the lenses for the Coupe separate. Like was already mentioned, you have the buy the whole overhead console.

·
Registered
244 Posts
This is the most recent dome light thread I could find so sorry for the bump. Are the bulbs (168?) for 2013 and up different from the previous gen? Also how did you safely remove the cover without breaking them both. Thanks in advance.

Jon

·
Registered
26 Posts
This is the most recent dome light thread I could find so sorry for the bump. Are the bulbs (168?) for 2013 and up different from the previous gen? Also how did you safely remove the cover without breaking them both. Thanks in advance.

Jon
I got my interior light kit from diode dynamics, which according to them fits every model (2010-2016) so I'm going to assume they use the same bulbs. I remember using a butter knife when I changed them but if you really want to be safe use a plastic pry tool. There are a few vids on YouTube that show you how to properly remove the dome lights.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,414 Posts
On the BK 1 lens there is a small indentation on the inside edge (facing the other lens) where you use a small screw driver to pry them out. Pry down and lift to the outside to remove.

Unless you are talking about the vanity lights. But they are the same.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts