Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious what people's impressions of the streaming quality was?
I don't have the Nav unit, but am using a BB Bold 9700 streaming via Slacker.

It sounded pretty bad, but when I listen to it with head phones it sounds CD quality.

Trying to determine if it's the phone or if it's the way it is and technology just isn't up there yet.

·
Registered
229 Posts
How do u stream from iphone4?

·
Registered
143 Posts
How do u stream from iphone4?
It may not apply to your model, because I have no idea how many revisions of blue-tooth and stereo software we have, but on mine:

1) IPhone has to be paired. (blue-tooth icon shows on stereo)

2) Using aux/CD button, a 3rd choice appears when cycling through the choices: "BT - MP3 Play"

3) On IPhone in ipod, select the "airplay" button that appears next to the FF button when playing a song or video. When you hit the airplay button, a menu will pop up that has "Genesis Coupe" as an option. Once this is selected, you are connected via blue-tooth and can operate wirelessly stream music and navigate around the ipod as you normally would until the the iPhone is taken out of range or car is shut off.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I wish it was better, I was excited about this feature and its a nifty thing, but I rather plug it in for the extra clarity.

It will never be perfect since a2dp re compresses the already compressed mp3 file

·
Registered
31 Posts
From a Nexus One, I have noticed no appreciable quality issues BT streaming music from my phone (e.g. MP3s stored on my phone) vs pulling in a usb drive. Actually, I find the quality BT streaming from my phone to be better than from a usb drive as I use PowerAMP which provides a fairly decent equalizer.

I have found Pandora/GrooveShark quality to vary from crappy to CD quality. I am sure this has more to do with my variable cell coverage (switch between EDGE & 3G 2-3x times in 10 miles on commute to work). So for the most part I do not use these services while driving, cheaper & less frustrating to put in a 16/32GB card in my phone.

-Tom

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmmm ok I'll have to try it again.

The first time I tried it, it was still displaying what I had been listening to on my iPod and I wonder if it wasn't connected properly as it sounded more like when someone is talking to you on the hands free rather then media, which when I listen to content it's crystal clear.

I noticed fiddling with it too, there is speaker phone, head phone and one other setting, might need to make sure I choose the equivalent to 'Air Play'.

·
Registered
278 Posts
As far as functionality goes, it works perfectly. As for quality it is significantly (to me) worse that using the cable. I really only use it for audio books so that I don't have to take it out of my pocket and don't care as much about sound quality. Also, there is sometimes a little static with BT. I get it with the cable too sometimes, but way less than what it is with BT. Let us know if you are able to improve the quality at all!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Pandora from my droid x is fine. No concerns with quality thus far.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I found that BT is slightly "quieter" than say XM or CD.

I also find that FM/AM is a little less richer than XM or CD.

But then again I have the base audio which is crap any which way you put it.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
My streaming from Pandora is pretty good most of the times. Occasionally I get some static and to much treble which is annoying.

·
Premium Member
16,356 Posts
Hmmm ok I'll have to try it again.

The first time I tried it, it was still displaying what I had been listening to on my iPod and I wonder if it wasn't connected properly as it sounded more like when someone is talking to you on the hands free rather then media, which when I listen to content it's crystal clear.

I noticed fiddling with it too, there is speaker phone, head phone and one other setting, might need to make sure I choose the equivalent to 'Air Play'.
My guess is that your phone isn't streaming as "music streaming" (A2DP stereo) like mentioned on the other thread. It's more likely that your phone is pushing out music as if you were making a call.

I know my iphone won't stream music like that (3.2 still :p), so I would try to see if you could get a friend that has an iphone and see if it still streams.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts