Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got my BTR Stage 1 Tune today and I could not be happier. Having full boost at a lower oil temp is SO much nicer, especially when exploiting gaps in traffic. The best part has to be the increase in power across the whole power band. It feels strong but it also feels safe. I do not fee like i am pushing the limits of the engine with this tune. I am sure that i will eventually go to the stage 2 tune, but for now I am more than happy.

Also big props to Bill at BTR. He is on point, very knowledgeable, and represents the company very well. Best customer service I've seen in a while.

Mod List:

BTR Stage 1 Tune
Turbo XS Catless Race-pipe
Turbo XS GT CBE
Synapse BOV w/ Charge Pipe
Colder plugs
R2C Performance Intake
Prosport Evo Wideband AFR
Prosport Evo Boost Gauge
Prosport Evo Oil Temp Gauge
JC 3 Port Piller Pod
18x8.5 Enkei Raijin Front
18x9.5 Enkei Raijin Back

Soon to come:

Oil Catch Can
Depo O2 Housing
Limited Slip Diff
BC Coilovers

·
Registered
388 Posts
Glad to hear. I am getting my Stage 1 tune on Saturday at the Arlington BTR tune event here in Texas.

·
Registered
163 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
BTR will not do stage 2 unless the primary cat is eliminated.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Just got my BTR Stage 1 Tune today and I could not be happier. Having full boost at a lower oil temp is SO much nicer, especially when exploiting gaps in traffic. The best part has to be the increase in power across the whole power band. It feels strong but it also feels safe. I do not fee like i am pushing the limits of the engine with this tune. I am sure that i will eventually go to the stage 2 tune, but for now I am more than happy.

Also big props to Bill at BTR. He is on point, very knowledgeable, and represents the company very well. Best customer service I've seen in a while.

Mod List:

BTR Stage 1 Tune
Turbo XS Catless Race-pipe
Turbo XS GT CBE
Synapse BOV w/ Charge Pipe
Colder plugs
R2C Performance Intake
Prosport Evo Wideband AFR
Prosport Evo Boost Gauge
Prosport Evo Oil Temp Gauge
JC 3 Port Piller Pod
18x8.5 Enkei Raijin Front
18x9.5 Enkei Raijin Back

Soon to come:

Oil Catch Can
Depo O2 Housing
Limited Slip Diff
BC Coilovers
Very nice man, I'll be moving into Stage 1 territory very soon. What is your AFR reading by the way?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very nice man, I'll be moving into Stage 1 territory very soon. What is your AFR reading by the way?
Prosport EVO Guage with Bosch wideband sensor.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,011 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
don't get the Depo O2 :X
Go with AST or wait for TurboXS

·
Parts Pro & Lic Mechanic
1,287 Posts
Whats the boost pressure with the stage 1 tune?

I am interested in this tune, but worried about the plastic manifold and increasing boost levels.

Duro

·
Desert Rat
1,246 Posts
Whats the boost pressure with the stage 1 tune?

I am interested in this tune, but worried about the plastic manifold and increasing boost levels.

Duro
I wouldn't worry about it. I have been running stage 2 for close to 10,000 miles and I have not had a single issue. I drive like a nut.

·
Parts Pro & Lic Mechanic
1,287 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it. I have been running stage 2 for close to 10,000 miles and I have not had a single issue. I drive like a nut.
It's more of a general interest question, I will more than likely upgrade to a 2012-2012 intake and have it worked by grimespeed........Just curious what the boost pressures are with the tune compared to stock 19-20psi.

Duro

·
Registered
249 Posts
Your not getting boost cut at 26psi?

·
Parts Pro & Lic Mechanic
1,287 Posts

·
Parts Pro & Lic Mechanic
1,287 Posts
Notice B-spec is running Stage 2 :gc-drool1: , not stage 1. STage one is low 20's right?
Well then......................I didn't see that.

Duro

·
Registered
154 Posts
Sorry to rehash an older topic

I've recently been monitoring my car with the torque app (pro sport gauges should be arriving in a few days/week). I've noticed my peak boost hitting 32 psi just about every time I WOT and constant boost of 28 psi+... this number makes me a little nervous. Truthfully any boost over 28-30psi on this motor(stock) makes me a little uncomfortable.

Any thoughts? I am running of BTR stage 1 custom tune with a hi flow o2 cats and 3 inch downpipe to stock cat back. Dyno numbers of 301hp and 348 tq.

Caz

Edit: I did not want to start a new thread for this, so I placed it under this one.

·
Desert Rat
1,246 Posts
Edit: I did not want to start a new thread for this, so I placed it under this one.
You did exactly what everyone else should do. That is what these threads are for. This way all the info is in one spot.

That boost seems a bit high and I almost wonder if something isn't reading right. I don't think the stock turbo is very efficient at that level of boost through the entire power band. What are your AFR's?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts