Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Beginner
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am planning to make the jump and go for the BTR stage 3 package (currently BTR stage 2 custom tuned), and I was wondering what all supporting mods would be necessary to keep the block safe and fully functional without having to worry about going WOT. I already have most of my bolt-ons besides the upgraded intercooler/pipes and Methanol injection as a safety measure/heat soak prevention instead of maximizing performance.

I was told that the BK2 Theta engine came with semi-forged rods so I'm not planning on changing them. However I'm questioning the pistons, cams, maybe valve springs, fuel pump (probably not), fuel injectors 750vs1000cc, and possibly crankshaft to give the car more power before hitting boost. The car is a DD but I do want to take her to the track and burn some rubber of course! I'm not building a full on race car. I'm just trying to make sure that I have all the supporting mods needed to fully enjoy the BTR stage 3 kit with the GTX 3076R. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated! :D.

·
99.9% Lurker...
87 Posts
I am planning to make the jump and go for the BTR stage 3 package (currently BTR stage 2 custom tuned), and I was wondering what all supporting mods would be necessary to keep the block safe and fully functional without having to worry about going WOT. I already have most of my bolt-ons besides the upgraded intercooler/pipes and Methanol injection as a safety measure/heat soak prevention instead of maximizing performance.

I was told that the BK2 Theta engine came with semi-forged rods so I'm not planning on changing them. However I'm questioning the pistons, cams, maybe valve springs, fuel pump (probably not), fuel injectors 750vs1000cc, and possibly crankshaft to give the car more power before hitting boost. The car is a DD but I do want to take her to the track and burn some rubber of course! I'm not building a full on race car. I'm just trying to make sure that I have all the supporting mods needed to fully enjoy the BTR stage 3 kit with the GTX 3076R. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated! :D.
I've put 3k miles on my new setup (395whp 320wtq) which is very similar to the BTR Stage 3 Kit and haven't had a single issue with reliability. Its been a very hard 3k miles as well.

The Gen isn't my daily so I'm not too concerned with breaking something, but torque is what kills motors not HP. My suggestion would be to get tuned with the Stage 3 kit and then run methanol on top of it for just added safety. Also if you get a electronic boost controller with multiple modes you can easily set your daily boost level to something slightly lower than whatever they tuned you to and raise it when needed.

Best of luck

·
Beginner
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've put 3k miles on my new setup (395whp 320wtq) which is very similar to the BTR Stage 3 Kit and haven't had a single issue with reliability. Its been a very hard 3k miles as well.

The Gen isn't my daily so I'm not too concerned with breaking something, but torque is what kills motors not HP. My suggestion would be to get tuned with the Stage 3 kit and then run methanol on top of it for just added safety. Also if you get a electronic boost controller with multiple modes you can easily set your daily boost level to something slightly lower than whatever they tuned you to and raise it when needed.

Best of luck
Ahh, I see! It's good to hear that our motors can yet again retain longer than we had previously thought. It's nice to know that I am able to run the BTR Stage 3 kit with a stock head. Thank you very much for the info sir!

PS: are you running catch cans as well?

·
99.9% Lurker...
87 Posts
Ahh, I see! It's good to hear that our motors can yet again retain longer than we had previously thought. It's nice to know that I am able to run the BTR Stage 3 kit with a stock head. Thank you very much for the info sir!

PS: are you running catch cans as well?
Only on the driver side. I was running it on both sides but the passenger side catch can never had anything in it so I removed it to clean up the engine bay.

·
Beginner
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Only on the driver side. I was running it on both sides but the passenger side catch can never had anything in it so I removed it to clean up the engine bay.
Okay, good to know! I was about to get snoopy's cans and I was wondering if I needed one on the passenger side. Thank you!

·
Newb level: Expert
427 Posts

Best of luck
A little late here but I also agree 100% with ScarlettGen.
I've been on the GT3076r for about 10,000 miles and haven't have anything break *knock on wood*
I had it custom tuned by BTR and they kept the torque low on my own as well I believe I made like 311wtq and 380whp on 22.8lbs of boost. I daily my car on 17lbs and also have a water meth kit. The car has been reliable so far and I also take it to the track and beat on her a little. No issues at all reliability wise.

Reactions: darkvader0

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I am at about 20k now since installing mine. I drive the GC as a daily during the summer, but I have 4 other cars so I haven't been terribly concerned about if something did happen ( Not that I'm hoping for issues lol). I beat the absolute crap out of my car and so far the only thing that happened to me was that I blew a hole in the stock plastic manifold.

Currently running 24 psi and have water/meth injection for a safety precaution.

Stock clutch has about 69k miles on it and it is holding well too.

My car has been modded since 1,500 miles. I was one of the first people to have the BTR Stage 1 tune, I had the BTR Stage 2 tune, and now the Stage 3. This car has not has an easy life and it is still holding together.I haven't dyno'd the stage 3 set up yet.

Reactions: darkvader0

·
Newb level: Expert
427 Posts
@RedGen13

So I take it you bumped up the boost to 24lbs on the stock BTR stage 3 tune?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
@RedGen13

So I take it you bumped up the boost to 24lbs on the stock BTR stage 3 tune?
Correct, probably not a good idea, but AFR is still 10.0-10.3 at WOT. I can't get Torque to show IDC, but I'm guessing I'm over 85% which is not safe. AFR is not from Torque, I have a stand alone WBO2.

I'm spraying the smallest nozzle Snow Performance stage 2, 2 bottles of HEET (yellow) and the rest windshield washer fluid (-20f)

91 octane tune

1 - 9 of 9 Posts