Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
General question.

I am looking at getting a 2010 Gen Coupe GT Manual with 31k miles for $16,000.

My only worry here is that since this is not a certified pre-owned and it doesn't get the 10 year/100,000 Mile warranty, I would assume that any of the common transmission issues with these M/T cars would not be covered by the 60,000 Mile warranty?

I'd love to get one but the transmission problems really scare me.

Edit: Would anyone advise against getting this 2010 car in 2017 and risking the problems and possibly large Out-of-Pocket repairs?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Well.. I feel like its been stated a few dozen times that even second or third owners are still covered by the standard warranty as long as its within mileage. Can't confirm for sure, too lazy to search.
Paid 18k for my wifes '13 gen coupe 3.8 auto, lambo doors, full body kit and ark exhaust w/ tune from a dealer with a nice ricey wrap on it around 20k miles.
Wouldn't do it again. Love the car and so does she but personally I'd say they are worth around 12-14K MAX. Like not a dime over including their fees they'll try to wrap in there.

But I just hit 65K Mi on my gen and though I've had minimal problems (clutch going out at 16k probably the "worst") I wouldn't pay to fix anything again if its over $500. It'd be an LS swap chassis for sure. I mean everything is overpriced on these cars, which I love by the way, but it isn't worth the premium. It's a decent straight line runner, the track editions (haven't driven the others) handle corners well imo. But other than that it's not anything outstanding. You can get so much more for less. Just go price up a new motor and/or transmission, used, on ebay and tell me if that doesn't sway you one way or the other.

Also I'm kind of praying the motor goes just for the excuse to put an ls3 in or waiting for the tranny to take a dump on the highway.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought my 2010 3.8 grand touring last august at the dealer. Had 120,000kms on it.(75,000 miles)
The trans in it was replaced under warranty when it had 80k on it. The weekend i bought it i put redline trans oil in it just as preventative maintenance. Trans shifts like brand new and hopefully will never have to worry about it! Dealer claimed they replaced it with an, "updated trans" so i wouldn't have any problems.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought my 2010 3.8 grand touring last august at the dealer. Had 120,000kms on it.(75,000 miles)
The trans in it was replaced under warranty when it had 80k on it. The weekend i bought it i put redline trans oil in it just as preventative maintenance. Trans shifts like brand new and hopefully will never have to worry about it! Dealer claimed they replaced it with an, "updated trans" so i wouldn't have any problems.

·
Registered
31 Posts
General question.

I am looking at getting a 2010 Gen Coupe GT Manual with 31k miles for $16,000.

My only worry here is that since this is not a certified pre-owned and it doesn't get the 10 year/100,000 Mile warranty, I would assume that any of the common transmission issues with these M/T cars would not be covered by the 60,000 Mile warranty?

I'd love to get one but the transmission problems really scare me.

Edit: Would anyone advise against getting this 2010 car in 2017 and risking the problems and possibly large Out-of-Pocket repairs?
The 60,000 mile warranty is 6 year 60,000 so the warranty is up anyway. You can get a BK2 3.8 for 16,000. I got my 2015 BK2 3.8 for 17,000 with only 6,900 miles on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts