Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which coupe should I roll with. Both have their pros and cons of course.

The red 2010 GT is cheaper for 7200, 79k miles. It's still on loan so I'd have to go through the hassle of going to his bank and paying off the loan and waiting for the original title to mail to me. (Basically title not on hand).
vs
The white 2013 2.0 Premium is 11.5k, 43k miles. Clean record/vehicle history, female owned, title on hand. Just has a bent bracket from rear end.

I gotta weigh out if the price is worth it since my budget is closer to 10k. The GT looks really cleann with its red and tan leather. But would love yalls input and opinions. Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
Different things you need to look at to. Do you like the first Gen or the second Gen for looks? Do you like the raw power of the 3.8 or the turbo power of the 2.0? Personally I liked the look of the 2nd Gen and the power of the 3.8. and the sound is mean straight piped but that's just me.

·
Registered
2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium 6MT - Silverstone
97 Posts
I will always pick a 2.0 over 3.8. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
84 Posts
You gotta decide what you want. Everyone has their own opinion. I have two 3.8. I love the power delivery and sounds of the 3.8. The 2.0’s have better after market support. That doesn’t mean you can’t mod the 3.8 though. Just do plenty of research and decide

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
He probably likes the fact that the oem format of 2.0's are Turbo. Even if they have less power.( Lets face it, many talk the talk,...but very few walk the walk of boosting or supercharging their NA 3.8.) Get the thrill already assembled.

**Everyone loves their cars but quite frankly the 3.8 your looking at is BK1 RS. The 3.8 BK 2 GDI is much more powerful and has tougher rings/ internals.

The 2.0T your looking at is pretty low miles, newer at a 2013, 1500 is peanuts. Buy the 2.0T. Time is ticking away on a platform that is not being built anymore. Get it tested by a reputable mechanic and buy it. If she wont let you take it to someone,.....Fu--ck her.

If you want BIG power, buy a solid BK2 3.8 and BOOST it. There is No comparison. 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈

PS, the female thing is a coin toss,.....its either never changed the oil and driven slow,....or bat out of hell..................and never changed the oil!!! Ha Ha............................

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He probably likes the fact that the oem format of 2.0's are Turbo. Even if they have less power.( Lets face it, many talk the talk,...but very few walk the walk of boosting or supercharging their NA 3.8.) Get the thrill already assembled.

**Everyone loves their cars but quite frankly the 3.8 your looking at is BK1 RS. The 3.8 BK 2 GDI is much more powerful and has tougher rings/ internals.

The 2.0T your looking at is pretty low miles, newer at a 2013, 1500 is peanuts. Buy the 2.0T. Time is ticking away on a platform that is not being built anymore. Get it tested by a reputable mechanic and buy it. If she wont let you take it to someone,.....Fu--ck her.

If you want BIG power, buy a solid BK2 3.8 and BOOST it. There is No comparison. 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈

PS, the female thing is a coin toss,.....its either never changed the oil and driven slow,....or bat out of hell..................and never changed the oil!!! Ha Ha............................
Thanks man. Now that you mentioned it, i check the vehicle history and theres no report of a vehicle service in the 20k miles shes had it ahahah. As it stands these are my best and only options for the price so I'm sticking to it. I like the interior and exterior of the bk1 more + cheaper so i have left over money to modify it but the bk2 is newer and more reliable.. Ugh cant decide man

·
Registered
2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium 6MT - Silverstone
97 Posts
Why's that?
I like the extra aftermarket support, I am tired of N/A cars and the turbo cars just feel right. My buddy had a '16 Ultimate and it just didn't feel right to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts