Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all genesis coupe owner:)!:i need a little advice on buying a used genesis coupe . I have been searching for a 2010 2.0t premium genesis coupe and I see a few cheap ones but they have kinda high mileage on it , I'm wondering is it a good idea to buy a 90-100km mileage genesis coupe? It's around 11k-14k . Thank you and a any one has their genesis over 150k mileage any problems? ? And any tips would be really appreciated :)

·
Registered
462 Posts
20 - 25 K a year is not considered high milage. That is considered average.

Reactions: tayco91

·
...4, 3, 2, 1
1,489 Posts
Thank you for the reply awesome3.8 , do you think it's a good idea to buy a 4 year old car with 100k mileage?
I only have 49,000km on my 2010 but 25k year is average for most people.

Maintenance is the key though. If it had regular fluid changes, etc... i wouldn't worry.

·
13' GRAN PREMIO GRY TRACK
669 Posts
car-fax and maintenance records are the key.

·
Registered
462 Posts
As these guys have said maintenance is also the key. Sad to say but 100K on a North American car is a lot different than 100K on an import.

Ideally of you are going to with one that's at 100K you will want one that has been rustproofed and preferably under coated because it has been driven year round. I only have 60+ K on my 2010 but I have only driven 1 winter.ÂÂ*

·
Registered
192 Posts
Like others said, check for maintenance records. Those will probably be unavailable, so budget for brakes, tires, and the more comprehensive scheduled maintenance items if you want to drive a reliable car (take a look at the owners manual to see what maintenance is recommended). You may need all of these or none of these. Odds are the previous owner did not leave the car with new tires, brakes, replaced spark plugs, battery, etc.... but you could get lucky. As far as I know the genesis coupe is not an unreliable car above 100,000 km if properly maintained.

·
I drive a V6
4,978 Posts
~24 000 kms/year is pretty average

Mileage means nothing if it wasn't maintained though.

I priced mine low...but you could have bought a mint 3.8 with everything except Nav for $14750.

The higher end of your budget seems reasonable, you probably don't want a 9K genesis...will almost certainly be beat.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Hello all genesis coupe owner:)!:i need a little advice on buying a used genesis coupe . I have been searching for a 2010 2.0t premium genesis coupe and I see a few cheap ones but they have kinda high mileage on it , I'm wondering is it a good idea to buy a 90-100km mileage genesis coupe? It's around 11k-14k . Thank you and a any one has their genesis over 150k mileage any problems? ? And any tips would be really appreciated :)
Search the internet for best and worst used cars to purchase.

Generally speaking, a used Genesis Coupe is one of the worst cars to buy. Especially if it has high mileage.

You can expect that the average used Coupe has had a hard life. Again, that is for the average Coupe. There may be a few exceptions.

I have been purchasing new and used cars since 1960. I would not purchase the car you are considering. Keep looking or save for a newer model.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I have been purchasing new and used cars since 1960. I would not purchase the car you are considering. Keep looking or save for a newer model.
No offense but what does it matter that you've bought cars since 1960? Automotive manufacturing processes and technology have changed dramatically over the last 50+ years. Or are you just pointing out how old you are like you do in almost every post you make? Its been my personal experience that older doesn't necessarily mean wiser ;)

OP my advice is to get the maintenance records for the vehicle and have a trusted mechanic inspect it if you can. If oil changes have been done regularly I wouldn't hesitate to purchase it. Sure these cars get ripped on, but put it this way if someone was to buy my car in a few years when it has over 100,000 kms on it they'd be getting a well-maintained vehicle that regularly had the snot driven out of it and aside from routine items that should be replaced at that mileage they'd be getting a great car. Good luck with your hunt for a Genesis!

·
Registered
462 Posts
I would actually say a used Honda Civic SI would be one of the worst buys for a vehicle being beat up

·
Concentrated Awesome
811 Posts
I would actually say a used Honda Civic SI would be one of the worst buys for a vehicle being beat up
I'd go with a used MINI being the worst. Especially the Gen2s... they may not be beat up, but like all BMWs, require an obscene amount of "regular maintenance" and do not have a great track record for reliability.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Ah true.....but Hondas are notorious for part swaps.

·
That Guy
173 Posts
wow...a debate over miss treatment of a Genesis Coupe....juz sayin. Firstly, I'm pretty sure that you'd have a hard time finding anyone who hasn't "drove" their GC like they stole it at 1 time or another. 2nd, if you're going to get a GC of that age go V6. 3rd, you're looking at 1 owner cars mostly and most of the 1 owner cars have kept up to maintenance simply for warranty and most have followed through after their warranty has run out. Lastly, I don't have enough money to say this is my 2 cents....I own a Genesis Coupe...damn you aftermarket! :) You can pay for a print out at the ministry and get ownership info on any car before you buy. That's the same info the dealer has to give you too.

Reactions: vrooom

·
Registered
273 Posts
I've got 84k on my 2012 2.0,its a rolling terd compared to my Chevy Tahoe that has 230k.

Seriously my old Tahoe has had way way less problems since I bought it in 2003.

Asian cars in my experiance are not all that great!

·
Registered
462 Posts
That's funny....I had a Sunfire and had nothing but problems with it. Had a Trailblazer and although I did not have a lot of problems with it....i have had 0 issues (knock on wood ) with my Genesis over tthe same amount of time.

·
I drive a V6
4,978 Posts
no issues with my Genesis either, very well put together. I admit interior(first generation) is a little low budget by todays standards but mechanically its great.

GM still isnt up to my expectations. They are still more susceptible to rust than most other manufacturers and the interiors are still mediocre (would I still drive a corvette-camaro-cadillac, hell yeah! As long as I didnt have to pay for it).

Ford has upped their game in recent years.

But, any car can be a shitbox if it wasnt taken care of. This will be the deciding factor, not what kind of car it is.

·
Registered
555 Posts
No offense but what does it matter that you've bought cars since 1960? Automotive manufacturing processes and technology have changed dramatically over the last 50+ years. Or are you just pointing out how old you are like you do in almost every post you make? Its been my personal experience that older doesn't necessarily mean wiser ;)
You seem to be a very unhappy individual by the way you express a hateful, insulting personality in various threads throughout this forum.:frown:

And on the subject of used cars and research of said same, I am quite wise. Since I first began driving, I have purchased 38 new and used cars and remember every single one of them. I also remember all the mistakes I made with some of those purchases.

With the exception of my earlier driving days, I have always owned 2 or 3 cars at one time, so yes, in my case, older does mean wiser, especially on the subject at hand.

Oh, did I mention that I am 73 years old? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.