Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Modified Passion Car Club
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 2.0 catback upgrade. Got weirtech downpipe and the OEM pipe is so small the two flanges won't align right and cause leakage. So I'm telling my dealership to take off the axelback I bought from them and doing this. Long as it's a 3" inch pipe were good! My midpipe is too small for the upgrade off of weirtech.

I like and hear good things about most of the brands I'm going to be posting but I just don't have enough information let alone time to go through each individual one. Because we all know how much one company of research how long it can take before you move on to a different brand name!

AEM
INJEN
MEGNAFLOW
ARK

These are the choices I've picked to the top four. However why don't you help me further make my choice with some of you who already bought one and why you liked yours? Pictures and videos are welcome but I already know what they all look like.
Give me your personal insight on which I should pick!:gc-drool1:

·
Registered
254 Posts
I've got the mxp catback with isis dp/tp on my 13 2.0 and I love it. I've always wanted this exhaust and loved the way it sounded on the older models. Still having my stock 02 with cat really holds the sound back because its still too quiet for my liking but the quality is too notch.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
But I didn't say TurboXS or MXP :( haha but thanks. What's the TurboXS like compared to the rest of what was on my list BrandonGS.
MXP well I do have a turbo manifold by MXP being installed this month. Don't really hear all that much about their catbacks tho.

Edit. Did a little research on the TurboXS if your talking about the single RSD dual pipe it is very appealing but I'm fairly stuck on the quad tip. Dunno if it fits on 2013's probably can since the wiertech downpipe fits on any aftermarket catback especially long as it's 3" inch.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Not sure that manifold is going to work unless you also have a turbo going with that plus tuning

·
Womp Womp
342 Posts
I have the Magnaflow on my '13 2.0T. I have some iphone quality videos posted on my youtube channel, which you can find in my signature. If the weather is semi-decent when I leave work, I'll try to get some better sound clips...it's waaaaay nicer with the windows down than up. Also, search for posts by Cheers007...his videos were the reason I decided to look at Magnaflow in the first place.

I love it, I have it paired with the Isis downpipe/testpipe and it sounds really nice.

·
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Why not get the weirtech catback?
They don't have the blueprint template anymore I already asked.
Not sure that manifold is going to work unless you also have a turbo going with that plus tuning

Going to need a turbo with my manifold? I'm confused. You know I have a 2.0 right? It already has a twin scroll in it. Not sure what you meant by this. Dealer says manifold will be fine told him to email twice, came back said fits all original turbos.

thats what I was going to ask lol

What turbo are you running hellstar?
The stock one that came with my 2.0. I already pm'd jay for a ECU SFR tuned chip for mid june when I'm back from the army. I don't see the point in upgrading my turbo just because of a manifold.
But I am still fairly new at this and done zero research on a turbo upgrade for the '13 GC. I honestly didn't think I'd need to. Anyway if there is a majority of people that have and I just didn't know. Or if I should I'll do some reading tonight.

·
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
The manifold itself will work but you'll have to change the turbo.

Okay explain why tho. Honestly never even thought I need to after buying a manifold upgrade. Dealer said would fit my OEM twin scroll that's on there now.
Never thought twice after that.
Heh Heh, Pole

I thought I could make one and didn't edit the topic title after trying to lol and your from winnipeg?

Anyway back on topic, probably a cross between ARK and Megnaflow. What I don't understand is how the ARK's catback works with the
two mufflers stacked on top of each other here I'll see if I can get a picture so you all can better understand.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Do the TurboXS exhausts fit the 2013 model? If so that's what I'd get.
To answer your question, yes the TurboXS does fit I have the turboXS RSD exhaust. I love the tone it gives, plus its 3'inch all the way through to the dual 4'inch tips

You could get the single RS exhaust too. All catbacks from 2010-2012 2.0Ts fit the 2013.

Only axel-backs don't fit.

·
Always Sleepin...
528 Posts
Because the 13 turbo and manifold is one piece you can't remove the turbo from the manifold if I remember correctly.

Correct the the stock turbine housing and manifold is one piece. So a aftermarket or 10-12 stock manifold is useless unless you replace the turbo.

·
, SJ is the man
9 Posts
Did you seriously say, that you didn't think you needed to research things at all for a turbo swap? WTF!

·
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No I said to replace the manifold which is what I asked the dealership. Thats what they told me. Anyway texted my parts guy to double check. Also as I said I am new and only know what learn. So relax on the excitement jew.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Well, I have used AEM parts on other vehicles and was always impressed with the build quality / fitment.. I think it is what I am going to end up with on my car eventually.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts