Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I'm working on saving up for my first Gen Coupe. I was hoping you guys could help me out a bit with deciding on a particular model. Obviously if I could afford it I would buy the 13 3.8 track. But unfortunately being a recent college grad my budget won't stretch that far :( However, I am determined to find me a good used model. So here are the questions I need help with the most.

What are the major differences between the 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 models? Mostly in terms of 'extras' and options.

What are the major differences between the R-spec, track, premium, and GT models?

Would I be better off going for a 2.0 Premium? or 3.8 R-spec?

What car would be best for me? I know this is kind of a vague answer and every time I read a post like this on here the answer is pretty much 'it depends on your likes, driving styles, etc etc.' I intend to use the car mostly for commuting, weekend driving, road trips, etc. Occasionally I like to burn out the tires or floor the accelerator, but I doubt I'll ever be professionally racing it on a track. (I live in the middle of nowhere and there are some roads out here that are never patrolled ;D ) Also, I have always been a die hard fan of the manual tranny, but this new 8 speed auto sounds like it could be a lot of fun. Anybody notice any major differences in overall performance or fun of driving experience?

Is it cheaper/easier to just buy a few extra goodies from the dealer? or just ordering upgrades and installing them on my own? I know those Brimbos are a pretty expensive upgrade. Haha anyways, if you guys could please help me out and give me a full breakdown on what you opinion what my best choice might be and why, then I would GREATLY appreciate it!!!! Thanks in advance!! I look forward to many years of great fun both in my gen and on the forums :D :D :D

1 - 1 of 1 Posts