Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have meade an offer on a brand new 2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0T Track. I have test drove the 2.0T base with tiptronic, then the 2.0T Track with the 6 speed. It seemed as if the Track model was less forgiving in the overall ride comfort than the base model. Has anyone else noticed this or is it just my mind playing tricks with me?
It might be my predisposition to being used to driving my Porsches, and I know that Hyundai does not compare nor am I trying to compare to my Porsche.
I am getting the Genesis Coupe 2.0T Track for my every-day car, and I drive into the city every day for work. That being said, does anyone have any insight on the rough ride of the Track vs the base that I noticed? Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Bill

·
Currahee
148 Posts
Track has a sports suspension making the ride comfort level go down so to say, while the base model has a softer suspension with a more comfy ride.

·
Registered
129 Posts
i cant really compare the two, however i have a 3.8 track m/t first couple days the ride was a little rougher than i had originally expected, however i feel its perfect for everyday use and have no complaints about it.

also i hear, someone correct me if im wrong, i think your better off getting the manual tranny, i hear the automatic transmission for the 2.0t is pretty bad and you wont get that great mpg.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I drove 3.8 base for last 11K miles, the ride is smooth in terms of sports car. I just installed OEM track suspension with after market bigger sway bars , better handling , better road feel, but very noticeable when going over short bump like coming out of shopping centers.

For me its the worth the trade off since car rides and tracks much better at higher speeds and rides nicer on the freeways.

·
Regular User
86 Posts
For me the most influential thing in deciding on the Track version instead of any other was the LSD. That alone makes such a huge difference in the cars ability to corner at speeds that I felt like I wouldn't be able to stomach the regret of not getting the LSD equipped car.

I noticed a difference when I test drove the different cars but it was marginal and in the end I decided I would live with the extra little bit of bump. I've tried to develop driving habits that don't expose the car to any unnecessary bumps, like going around bumps in the road whenever safely and reasonably possible, so the car doesn't get rattled more than necessary.

Some people probably think it's crazy to baby the car but I believe in prolonging it in every day driving and yeah, enjoying some spirited driving when I can.

·
Banned
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I bought it!

2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0T Track
Silverstone
6 Speed Manuel
$24,500
APR 2.9%
Engine for Life (free)
Paint for Life (free)
Paint sealent every 6 months (free)
iPod cable (free)
Floor mats (free)
Scratch, scuff, ding, wear, tear, road rash, etc. taken care of for 4 years ($350)
XM for a year (free)
Oil changes (free for life)
Car washes (free for life)
Wing emblems and center caps (free)
Loaner cars if yours is in service (free for life)
Manicures, popcorn, drinks, hot dogs (free on weekends)

Jones Junction, Bel Air, MD
They have done everything to make me happy with my new car. Bought it 2 weeks ago.
Service (priceless!)

If you live near by, and are in the market for a car, deffinately look at Jones Junction, please PM me because I can get referral compensation!

·
Registered
320 Posts

·
***** Know It All
415 Posts
Look as mine... at a lot better price.
Ipod cable and floor mat are standard in GenCoupe. ;)

What do you mean?
In the US, the iPod cable/mats are extras

·
Registered
320 Posts
Engine and paint for life from the dealership, a perk they gave me to buy it from them.
"Engine and paint for life"

I'm not an English speaking person, so it must be an English expression that I don't understand.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
My friends dad has a 996 Turbo and had a Civic Si as a daily driver. He was looking to replace the Civic Si, and so I let him drive my 2.0T /w tune. He said it left a big grin on his face cause it was a fun car to push, not as refined or fast as the 911, but on his list as it would be great for a DD.

That said I'm not sure if he was being nice as the next time I saw him he traded in his Civic Si for a C63 AMG...

Congrats on your purchase!

·
Banned
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks a lot!

The C63 AMG Benz is a 4 door as you know, so i believe that is a more suitable choice for him, and his age? considering you said it was your friends dad lol.
And yeah I love my Porsche to death, it's my baby, it has never been driven in the rain, not once, ever! I'm keeping that car perfect. I traded in my suburban for $3,500 towards my new GenCoupe, and I am much happier driving it rather than that "tank".
Mom and dad are happier that I now adorn our driveway with another 2 sports cars. Mom has a 7 series BMW and a C6 Vette, dad has a Porsche 944 and Excursion, and I have the Boxster S Special edition and the newest member to the fleet, the 2.0T Track :)

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
Congrats! Plans on modding or keeping it stock?

·
Banned
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm going to keep it relatively stock, just going to get a K&N drop in filter and perhaps a BOV. Noting that I would really consider modding it. I bought it as my everyday car, my Porsche is my "fun" car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts