Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me to understand how to bypass the stock solenoid and go into the intake manifold. I have an ‘11 with a forge bov.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
I don't know about the others but it never worked properly off the manifold for me (i tried a few times), the solenoid gets the vacuum from a holding tank under the manifold and it always has full vacuum available opening the BOV fully all the time, off the manifold at times you get very low vacuum, the valve doesn't even open and i get compressor surge

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,448 Posts
It could not be simpler. Take your existing hose to the BOV to the solenoid off. Plug the solenoid. Get a tee and insert into the line coming off the TB and going to the Black and White check valve, run new line to BOV and you are done.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
^^^^^ What he said. TB response is the absolute best. Press the throttle load/boost,...let go BOV open. No one needs an electronic interpretation (solenoid) mucking stuff up.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
^^^^^ What he said. TB response is the absolute best. Press the throttle load/boost,...let go BOV open. No one needs an electronic interpretation (solenoid) mucking stuff up.
Go tell that to the engineer that build the system, if it wasn't better and safer do you think they would built it that way? Mine works flawlessly for over 100k miles, manifold vacuum can not overcome bypass valve springs at low rpms.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey guys, did it a few days ago. Was thinking it was a lot harder to do lol. Took me about 15 minutes, and it’s worked great since. Actually feel like it pulls better and sounds like the bov responds better. I was having problems with my bov staying open so I did this, and now I know it is a bad solenoid. This was just suppose to be a temporary fix until I get a new solenoid but now after a few days I’m thinking of just keeping it for good. Highly recommend this easy mod!!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Go tell that to the engineer that build the system, if it wasn't better and safer do you think they would built it that way? Mine works flawlessly for over 100k miles, manifold vacuum can not overcome bypass valve springs at low rpms.

Stock system, oem tune yes. Tuned higher hp NO.

Safer is no tune also LOL.

Big hp needs bigger bov's. Bigger bov's need higher vac. Solenoids operate off of reserve tanks. Most people inquring about bypassing the solenoid are modders. If your "engineers" were so awesome, we wouldnt be tuning these things. LOL.

You might be satisfied with the stock setup, thats great. But the oem is not built for aggression or response. Its is ho-hum, "safe", and made to last the warranty period.

Really dude...................:wink:

This same conversation happened 4 years ago on the VT forum,...ooooh throttle plate is DANGEROUS,....my tuners response was:
Go big, or go home NANCY.

Those same engineers didnt put a big turbo on my 3.8 either,......................YEEEAH
(Im not mad at ya dude,...but the truth is the truth).

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Stock system, oem tune yes. Tuned higher hp NO.

Safer is no tune also LOL.

Big hp needs bigger bov's. Bigger bov's need higher vac. Solenoids operate off of reserve tanks. Most people inquring about bypassing the solenoid are modders. If your "engineers" were so awesome, we wouldnt be tuning these things. LOL.

You might be satisfied with the stock setup, thats great. But the oem is not built for aggression or response. Its is ho-hum, "safe", and made to last the warranty period.

Really dude...................:wink:

This same conversation happened 4 years ago on the VT forum,...ooooh throttle plate is DANGEROUS,....my tuners response was:
Go big, or go home NANCY.

Those same engineers didnt put a big turbo on my 3.8 either,......................YEEEAH
(Im not mad at ya dude,...but the truth is the truth).
I have more moods than most here, look at my signature, and it's not all there, 6 different turbos, blew up 2 engines, pushing 23 psi dally, I dont go easy on my car, if it was better off the manifold I would do it, but it's not I tried many times, my tune was made to work with the solenoid so it works.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I have more moods than most here, look at my signature, and it's not all there, 6 different turbos, blew up 2 engines, pushing 23 psi dally, I dont go easy on my car, if it was better off the manifold I would do it, but it's not I tried many times, my tune was made to work with the solenoid so it works.

More powa to you bro,...........................enjoy.:smile:

That is correct, my previous tuner tuned for a throttle plate. My tune from Btr runs my 3.8 T from the IM,

Certain brands models lend themelves better than other to certain boost hp levels.
From m old VT experience, tuned under 24 psi running off the solenoid, one of the Synapses was right on.
Above 24 psi HKS, Tial, Turbosmart ran of the IM with 1/4 ID line were the best.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Tee it right in front on the green and white check valve and cap off the solenoid.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts