Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
CanyonCarver
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I managed to take the nut out but the bolt itself is a pain to remove. Do I just hammer it out or do I have to unscrew it also? Sorry for the noob question but I'm desperate and I've been at it for a couple of hours now. Please help!

Attachments

·
CanyonCarver
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds good thanks bro I'll try it out. I did some more research and it maybe because the bolts are seized. I may have to torch it first, then hammer it out. I'll see how it goes ;)

·
Been there, but forgot it
161 Posts
put the nut back on the bolt and thread it about half way, then hammer on the nut to get the bolt moving. When the nut is flush, remove it and use another bolt or something to drive it the rest of the way, that way you won't mash the bolt end and make it too big to get thru.

·
CanyonCarver
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
put the nut back on the bolt and thread it about half way, then hammer on the nut to get the bolt moving. When the nut is flush, remove it and use another bolt or something to drive it the rest of the way, that way you won't mash the bolt end and make it too big to get thru.

Thanks Kurt! I'll try that out and see how it goes

·
Registered
6 Posts
You can use a jack to compress the suspension slightly. This will take some load off of the bolt and make it very easy to slide out. Hammer did nothing when the suspension was at full droop. When slightly compressed, a light tap is all that was needed.

·
CanyonCarver
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You can use a jack to compress the suspension slightly. This will take some load off of the bolt and make it very easy to slide out. Hammer did nothing when the suspension was at full droop. When slightly compressed, a light tap is all that was needed.
Yeah I tried this last time and it didn't work lol. But I'll try it again later with the other members advice as well (Nut slightly screwed in and hammer it). I haven't had the chance to work on my car cause of work :crying:

But thanks again for all of your help fellas! Greatly appreciate it!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
You might want to pick up a cheap electric impact wrench from Harbor Freight there like $40 bucks but come in handy for stuff like that.

·
CanyonCarver
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You might want to pick up a cheap electric impact wrench from Harbor Freight there like $40 bucks but come in handy for stuff like that.
After a couple of weeks of trying, I ended up having a shop do it for me lol! I really wanted to do it myself so I can get familiar with the car, but damn that thing was so hard to remove. They had a hard time doing it also cause the bolt was seized. Well, thanks for all the help fellas!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts