Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve recently came across a good deal for some esr sr07’s, 19x9.5 +22 and 19x10.5 +22 on the marketplace, they came off a 350z. Wanna know if there will be any issues with the tire sizing seeing as they are running 225/40 in the front and 285/35 in the rears, is this too much of a difference??

·
Registered
15' 380GT BK2 M/T ;P
78 Posts
Are you on stock coilovers? Some aftermarket ones might have a large diameter spring that'll hit if you're super low. But I can confirm stock coils and PBM coils will be clear.

With that amount of stretch in the front you'll be fine. im running a 245/35 on a 19x9.5 +22 and Im clear. Its tight but just barely fits with like ~1.5 degrees of camber

The rear will be fine also. But expect a lil bit of poke at that size. Im on a 275/35 on 19x11 +22 and im poking like <1" with ~2.3 degrees of camber.

Heres a pic of the front with stock coilover.
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content
Gesture Grey Finger Automotive tire Thigh

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
currently I’m in stock coilovers, more of the concern is if 225/40 is too much of a difference for 285/35 rears. I see most people run nothing lower then 245’s in the front with tires as meaty as 285’s in the back. Is it possible to even run that setup or is there issues that will come with that??

·
Registered
208 Posts
The genesis coupe has a really annoying traction control system that explicitly compares the wheel speed of the fronts vs the rear and expects a small % range difference. The reason 245/40 and 275/40 are common is it keeps the tire size very similar to stock (at least on the 18s). Also no need to change the speedometer as the difference is about the same.

Also, 225/40 on a 9.5 wheel is going to be super stretched, probably dangerously so. I have a slight stretch with 245/40 on a 9.5 wheel.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I'd recommend against it for the stretch alone. For traction control, you'll mainly see issues with highway speeds (as the difference in wheel speed grows the faster you go). You can turn off traction control, but not recommended for most drivers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts