Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watch this, these guys did not do a fair review nor do they know how to do a proper 0-70 run. According to them, the 2013 3.8 Gen does 0-60 in over 7 seconds.

·
Registered
554 Posts
My theory: combined they weight at least 600 pounds... So I don't think it's possible for them to experience performance driving. That and using an iPhone is the most pathetic thing I have ever seen. I hope they're fired...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
2010 3.8 Std Trans
186 Posts
6 ft tall and dont fit?? Im 6'2" and have zero problems. I agree with the fake vent thing. Back seats.. who cares? I like my leather clad bench. Also, LOL at the 0-60 times with a passenger + high alt + being timed by them talking about it.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Well I always appreciate a review with opposing opinions. They're big Americans reviewing an Asian import. Put any normal Asian in there and it feels right at home.

One thing I thought it was not cool was that they have that scene where they're burning tires, but only the inside wheel was spinning. Why not review a track model with LSD if they're going to do that stuff? It just looks silly.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When they reviewed other cars and did a 0-60 pull they used far better tools. I liked some of their videos but after seeing this I was so disappointed. Watch the video, they leave the break on for several feet before he lets off! I say we call them out! Someone who has an amazing 0-60 pull should post a video response.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think every Gen member should leave a comment for them. Nothing rude or crude but simply state what a horrible unfair and uninformed review it was. State some more accurate information etc... Lets keep it classy but lets hit them hard. Can we get a bump!!!!

This should be a sticky at the top of the entire forum and each of our duty to retort that horrible, inaccurate review.

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Theres my comment, wanted to say more and more but im in my phone, typing here sucks and you tube kept saying "comment too long"

I had a 10' 2.0t and also modded the hell out of it and for cheap. I would easily beat cars more than half its price and felt proud of it. Its a 2 door sports coupe, do you want it to dance salsa in the back seat? No! And by having rear seat my insurance was just as cheap as toyota corolla. Im 6'1, 180lbs and i fit in it just fine and my seat wasn't even all the way to the back. My dad is 6'6 and he also fit fine

Also why be mad at these two ignorants? Those were great tests you did by the way, very professional! With an iphone? FAIL! Take it to the track, and if you're doing speed tests why not test a manual? Do you guys even know how to drive a manual? Also, it weighs and feels like a pick up truck because of the 700 extra pound with you two in the car

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Watch them disable the comments if this continues

·
Exceptionally Ordinary
612 Posts
People still complain about back seat room on 2+2s?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Before I bought mine a few weeks ago, I read/watched as many reviews as I could and had come across this one. So different from every other one I read I just totally disregarded it. I'm 6'3" 215lbs and don't have a single issue getting in or out. I plan on driving my car, not sitting in the back seat so why they made such a big deal out of something we all know about 2+2's.

·
2010 3.8 Std Trans
186 Posts
Maybe if you were a bit taller you would have too?

·
FS section ravager
2,183 Posts
Wait is that a GT?

·
Registered
471 Posts
The stupid inappropriate music discounted everything they had to say from second one. We arent 15yo joe dirts. And if fake vents make you hate a car enough to not buy it then youre an idiot

·
What the what?
3,225 Posts
I can't take any "professional" who uses the word "tushy" in their line of work seriously.

·
What the what?
3,225 Posts
Funny... I didn't hear anyone complaining about headroom in the FR-S/BRZ.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm up here at the thin altitude in Colorado (approx 5900ft) as well as these guys. It looks like they were in the summer months so temps were maybe 80-90deg which puts a density altitude at about 8500-9000ft. For you sea level folks, this pretty much makes any na car put out about 25-30% less hp. FI cars lose hp as well but not nearly as much.
With those two guys on board, 8spd auto, and crappy way of timing the run, it doesn't surprise me of the time. When we get some warmer weather, I'll try a 0-60 run with the 6spd Track model and just the driver on board and I'm fairly sure I can beat that time by a second. Still 6.5 sec run but pretty good for high altitude and high temperature.

·
Banned
550 Posts
Contribooted.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts