Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

Would you participate in a Canada Wide Meet?

• Yes, I'd be willing to take days off to go

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Yes, but I would not be willing to take any days off

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • No, I don't think I'd go

Votes: 9 42.9%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a thought on gencoupe.ca of a canada wide meet...

Time: beg to mid summer -- so because we would be looking at about 8 hours of driving to meet, to have this as a 4 day event, people might have to take days off work. (day 1 drive there, day 2 and 3 meet/cruise/bs, day 4 drive back)

Since this is only a thought to see if it could actually be pulled off, opinions and comments would be appriciated.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Understandable...
what about a place such as Vegas??

edmonton to Vegas = 1 day = 2357km
toronto to Vegas = 1 day 12 hours = 3631km
ottawa to Vegas = 1 day 17 hours = 4065km
**approxiate from google maps**

· Sex Machine
1,516 Posts
ur dreaming bud

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Meh,
Its not something i was expecting to happen more so than getting peoples opinions.

Its hard enough to try to get members to do a province meet alone rather than a country meet. the idea came up though and i thought i should throw it out.

maybe one day though...

· ***** Know It All
415 Posts
I know this seems convienent because I live here, but what about Winnipeg? It's more central than Sask, we have lots of Gen Coupes here, and its a larger city, so there's more to do, more choices for hotels. I can set us up with the Sports Car Club's AutoX, etc.

· GET OFF MY LAWN!
2,261 Posts
Its hard enough to try to get members to do a province meet alone rather than a country meet. the idea came up though and i thought i should throw it out.
This is the big issue: and for the most part, it's not the issue of getting people out, it's getting a time (especially when you factor in travel time) when the majority can make it out.

Me, if the conditions were right, I'd be all over it. But that's because I'd do some research first, and see some of the country that I've not seen yet, along the way. I'd stretch the time out to, say, two weeks, and make sure I hit the meet in the middle.

Not everyone can, or is interested, in doing that kind of thing. Fortunately, my girl is, but even then logistically, it's tough: we have to schedule vacation time at the same time, find some place for the dog to stay. Even harder for people with kids.

It's never going to happen. People are only willing to drive a maximum of 4 hours for a meet. We had an Ontario/quebec meet in Ottawa a month ago.
Yup. That was a great turn-out, as far as I'm concerned. I had a blast when I did the Cambridge Hyundai meet in the summer too: but for a short or weekend trip, that really is about the limit. Again, it's not, I don't think, a desire issue, but rather a logistical/life issue.

· Registered
341 Posts
i think it should be in the center of all gen coupe owners... and since they are all over the place its hard so how about center of population... couldnt find current but

In 1993, the mean population center of Canada was found to be in the Township of Laxton, Digby and Longford, Victoria County, Fact|date=June 2008 now part of the city of Kawartha Lakes, Ontario.

thats a cut from a site that referenced wikipedia...

SOOOO it is east of Barrie but i would say use Barrie for a meeting point...

the majority of the cars are in ontario and quebec anyways so everyone can come here

· Registered
57 Posts
I guess the idea was to have a meet that would get big numbers and potentially get vendors interested. I honestly don't care where it is..if there's lots of cars, a nice location and vendors in i would drive and take the time.

If Vegas is attractive to that i would be fine with that. The mini cooper people have the AMVIV A mini vacation in vegas.. running for some years now, they have about 500 cars a year and book an entire hotel for 3 or 4 days. Vendors are in installing their products on the spot.

Yeah we dream a lot in Alberta ...lol it's the cold :p

Peter

· Vancouver 뽀이!!
488 Posts
im in!!!

· Vancouver 뽀이!!
488 Posts
lol welcome to canada

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
To even go down to say Vegas during the Sema show one year with a bunch of Gennys would even attract enough attention for vendors. Instead of planning a place and then trying to get vendors to come to us. Go to them first...

· WTF is NOS???
1,146 Posts
Hmmm.. I'd be interested, but since when is Sask. in the middle????

· Registered
712 Posts
It could be interresting, but first I guess Winnipeg is more in the middle than Saskatoon! and it take more then a day from my place to go at Winnipeg and 1 day 13 hours to drive to Saskatoon!

But again, something like that could be interresting, but need to have a good participation and activities scheduled to have a real great meet!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.