Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· ///H Power
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen or heard the exhaust being installed by the Canadian dealers? They look pretty nice in pictures, any thoughts?

Hyundai Genesis Coupe Accessories

· Registered
369 Posts
canadian dealer exhaust

i have the 'dealer' exhaust on my 3.8....sounds really nice and the stainless tips look amazing. BTW...i only paid $250 for it ( i know retail is rdiculous at over $950).

I am going to be at the meet on may 2nd hopefully.

· Registered
130 Posts
Got them, really nice sound (not much noise when cruising, nice roar when flooring it), will do Dyno of it + AEM CAI also from Hyundai (twice the stupidity heh?, oh make that 3x, I've also added the Eiback springs on my Track package...). I really like the whole package. Car looks, sounds, handles and perform all well to me.

And yeah, it does cost more, but you will get full warranty and full financing on them :) So consider me like a fool if you like, but this has some kind of value to me. Also keep in mind that this can be negotiated when you buy the car...

Maybe I should do a little clip of the exhaust someday. I'll post it here if I do. So everyone could laugh at me ...

Sorry if I sound a bit sarcastic, but I'm so pissed off today (and need to vent).. I always park my car hundred meters away from anyone and today someone managed to do a 15 in. scratch on my Gen :mad2:... not even 1500km on the car... I hope this can be buffed out... When the scratch is white, it's never good news. :mad:. Scratch-X did'nt helped very much... will try to find some kind of shop that will help me with that this week.

· Ontario Genesis Club
3,354 Posts
Talk to the ONtario Genesis Club's sponsor. He can get you pretty well any exhaust you want including CP-E, in any case you'll save on Shipping and customs!

andrew

· ///H Power
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have the 'dealer' exhaust on my 3.8....sounds really nice and the stainless tips look amazing. BTW...i only paid $250 for it ( i know retail is rdiculous at over $950).

I am going to be at the meet on may 2nd hopefully.
Yo wtf 250 how did you managed to pull that one off?

· Registered
71 Posts
Got them, really nice sound (not much noise when cruising, nice roar when flooring it), will do Dyno of it + AEM CAI also from Hyundai (twice the stupidity heh?, oh make that 3x, I've also added the Eiback springs on my Track package...). I really like the whole package. Car looks, sounds, handles and perform all well to me.

And yeah, it does cost more, but you will get full warranty and full financing on them :) So consider me like a fool if you like, but this has some kind of value to me. Also keep in mind that this can be negotiated when you buy the car...

Maybe I should do a little clip of the exhaust someday. I'll post it here if I do. So everyone could laugh at me ...

Sorry if I sound a bit sarcastic, but I'm so pissed off today (and need to vent).. I always park my car hundred meters away from anyone and today someone managed to do a 15 in. scratch on my Gen :mad2:... not even 1500km on the car... I hope this can be buffed out... When the scratch is white, it's never good news. :mad:. Scratch-X did'nt helped very much... will try to find some kind of shop that will help me with that this week.
It would be great to hear a sound clip of the exhaust that Hyundai Canada offers, if you get around to doing it.

Sorry to hear about the scratch, hope a local shop can fix it better then new.

· ///H Power
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry to hear that! In your signature it says AEM exhaust, is the dealer brand exhaust made by AEM?

· Registered
130 Posts
When I ordered the dealer option, Hyundai Canada website was displaying :

AEM Cat-Back Exhaust
Tune the performance and sound of your Genesis Coupe with this stainless steel high flow exhaust system. Decreased back-pressure improves exhaust flow for a throatier sound and increased vehicle performance.
... but never found any official AEM reference on it... and there was an error since it is an axle-back, not a cat-back. They corrected the site, and removed the AEM reference... anyway... wherever it does come from, I'm happy with it :)

· Registered
130 Posts
Here's a pic after installation, it's a 1 in, 4 pipes out layout (never saw that anywhere else...)

· Registered
109 Posts

Having bought an AEM CAI from my dealer I share your logic. I am buying a magnaflow cat back, however, but am going to have the dealer put it on. I have a good relationship with them and wish to continue to have one. Unlike others on this forum I am not able to perform my own work and feel that a close relationship with the dealer will go a long way down the road with potential warranty problems.

· Ontario Genesis Club
3,354 Posts
they charge too much IMO....go on the ontario genesis club facebook group, our sponsor can get you a lot of different exhausts for a really good price, including CP-E!!

andrew

· Shut up and take my money
4,716 Posts
Having bought an AEM CAI from my dealer I share your logic.
I agree as well. Yes, their prices are way higher, but having gotten the full extended warranty (10 yrs / 200,000 I believe) as part of my deal, the piece of mind that comes with it in case warranty work has to be done is well worth the extra cost. Just my opinion.

· Registered
369 Posts
I bought the exhaust on kijiji from a photographer who did the original photo shoot for the gen coupe. There is another thread with a sound clip on this site

· ///H Power
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It's probably Hyundai's own. Regardless for $900+ you can get way better exhaust systems. I just got an offer from a Magnaflow dealer charging $691 for MagnaFlow #16507 which is for the 3.8. I'm gonna go for it, since the CAD being on par with USD.

· Registered
109 Posts
It's probably Hyundai's own. Regardless for $900+ you can get way better exhaust systems. I just got an offer from a Magnaflow dealer charging $691 for MagnaFlow #16507 which is for the 3.8. I'm gonna go for it, since the CAD being on par with USD.
Where did you order it. I ordered one from hotexhaust on March 24th and have still not received word it has been shipped from Toronto.

· Registered
745 Posts
I'm waiting on Magnaflow to give me shipping quote to Canada right now. I'm sure I can get you guys a great deal on them shipped up there direct from MagnaFlow. When I get the email back I'll post the price they charge me for shipping from Cali to Canadia ;)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.