Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

· Registered
1,660 Posts
V6 is dual, 2.0T is single with dual mufflers.

The muffler that Hyundai offers is so overpriced no matter who makes it. For $1000 you can get a true cat-back system. As for the warranty, it only effects the parts in question. Meaning, they can't deny a warranty claim for a headlight if you have changed the exhaust. Certain parts of the car aren't covered under the warranty anyway. Wera-and-tear items like brake pads, tires, filters, etc.

· ///H Power
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
I don't think V6 is dual, I took a look couple days ago cuz i wanted to get the MagnaFlow and it's 1 in 2 out just like the 2.0T

V6 has a Y pipe

· Registered
109 Posts
The OEM exhaust is a single pipe with a y pipe from the secondary cats. Mine is now in my basement. The magnaflow is a dual pipe from the secondary cats back to the single muffler with dual outlets and quad tips. I had the magnaflow installed on my 3.8 GT (Canadian) yesterday. The sound is amazing and there appears to be a noticeable increase in low end torque.

· ///H Power
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Looks and sounds like 7ism, am I correct?

· Registered
762 Posts
True duals from the manifolds back (doing headers soon)
Also available in full race version (no cats or cans just resonators) and 18 guage stainless if you have really deep pokets!!

And it is not 7ism (doesnt sound anything like that) Its by PRT outa Red Deer Alberta. Last I heard you could get their systems from Crowfoot Hyundai too, but if your interested let me know and Ill hook you up with them.

· Registered
1,810 Posts
they charge too much IMO....go on the ontario genesis club facebook group, our sponsor can get you a lot of different exhausts for a really good price, including CP-E!!

andrew
You wouldn't happen to have the contact info for this person would ya? I'm looking into getting the Cp-e Cat-back exhaust and a deal on the shipping and duty fees sounds great. I bought the CP-e intake and ended up paying a total of around $550 CDN (on a $383 item) with all the shipping/broker fees. :(

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.