·
Registered
511 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
Geoff,

We're running 17x9" wheels all around. The spec tire for the series is a 245/45/17 Continental racing tire (same as Grand-Am). The tires actually have a ton of grip, we're about 1.5 sec a lap faster than last year on R888s.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
Haha,

NA is best!

But, our cars are something like 80lbs+ lighter on the front now because of the engine change.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Ah this is so bad ass! So glad you.guys are giving.is a.good name and showing were bot messing around!! Nice.work!

Oh my god look at you blow by all those other cars. Thats one hell of a driver! I know this matters so much to you but im proud of you guys. Keep kicking ass and taking names!

Sent from my SGH-T959 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
We just had another wild weekend - Rounds 5 and 6 of the CTCC at Mosport.

The car was absolutely flying around Mosport this weekend. We could use a bit more power, but the speed through the corners was almost scary. I hooked up the rear anti-roll bar which we had previously had disconnected and with the wing fully trimmed out the car had the perfect high speed balance. I was running the dampers more aggressively as well to get everything I could out of the car, and god damn it was fast. But it was sharp too. The car was very on edge, especially cresting the hill at corner 2. A little left foot braking and some throttle to keep it stable over the crest was all she needed. God damn it felt good.

Qualified 3rd in damp, messed up conditions after only doing 3 laps. I should have run more but I didn't want to pump the car into the wall, it was really slippery.

A few minutes before the start of the race I did the math in my head quickly and didn't think we would be heavy enough after the race for weigh in. We scrambled to add fuel but got to the grid a little bit too late. We had to start at the back!!!

Wait until you see the video, it was pretty ridiculous. I went from last to 4th in 2 laps.

I also ran the fastest lap of the race chasing down the leaders, but I didn't quite have the speed to catch them. On the last lap 3rd place ran out of fuel so we got the podium!

In the second race I was ready to rock and roll (thanks to my ipod which is now hardwired into my helmet - so I can hear the two way radio and the ipod at the same time), when I hit it at the green flag the car had no power!?

Turns out the wastegate arm on the turbo broke, and I went from 3rd to last as fast as I had gone up the grid the day before. Driving around the track 7 seconds off the pace, doing 160km/h up the back straight was boring to say the least.

Bob's car ran great all weekend, he placed 7th and 5th. For some reason I am the one with the bad luck!

·
Resident Critic
841 Posts
I wasn't able to make it there on Friday/Sat, but I was there Sunday and needless to say, I was dissappointed with the part failure, but as the phrase goes, "That's racing."

Sasha was still a class act and I would say took the loss better then I did haha

Indy next buds!

·
Registered
713 Posts
Wow! really fun to see you on the video! I subscribe to this thread for sure!

hope to see more video soon.
:gc-Popcorn_Smiley_b

And thanks for posting it each time!

I just look your board where is located your IPod, can you telling me why you need thoses switches? I never do racing but I always like it and never the chance or possibilty to do it, so when I see something like that I am just curious to know more!

:gc-wmscared0016:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
Thanks, the reason for all the switches is there is no longer any factory wiring. The switches control all of the circuits on the racecar:

Starter, Ignition, Diff Pump, Wipers, Defrost, Spare, Lights, ECU controls, Brake Fans, etc.

Here is a video from my run from the back on the Saturday. You must watch it!

·
Resident Critic
841 Posts
The life-saving move from road to track | Wheels.ca

Came across this in The Toronto Star this morning...really good read
That's some good press...

The article desn't go into much detail, but it all rings true...

Considering I helped pit for that 240 in his first year (IIRC) and subsequently wrote my S13 off the day were were supposed to put on a drift exhibtion together, feels like yesterday...

Sasha and I have had our differences over stupid stuff, but if there was one thing that I could always admit (even when stuff wasnt great) was that his determination was always pretty much borderline obsessive, his intentions were good, he is brighter then people give him credit for, and the kid could drive anything fast... anything...

After all the sh!t, if anyone deserves good press, it's him.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
Thanks Bob, love you :) haha

We're at the Honda Indy downtown Toronto this weekend. Friday is free, so if you're working - you just got really sick. And you can't make it in to work. It's a shame.

I think our qualifying session is around 3.30-4pm on Friday. Schedule is on the Honda Indy site though.

BE THERE!!!!

101 - 120 of 147 Posts