Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
121 - 140 of 147 Posts

·
Photoshop Guru?
288 Posts
Wow this is amazing!
I too wish you could've kept running the V6, but at least it's still a GC!
...Is that an APR chinspoiler? If not, what is it? Looks nice.

Thanks!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
Hey Guys,

Sorry for the lack of updates. We've had a great later half of the season, winning the Montreal NAPA 200 race, which was our first time at an F1 track. I just won at ICAR this weekend, and was second yesterday. The cars have been working really well and we have the setup nearly spot on now. Here's a link to the full story, be sure to subscribe to get more updates on our progress!

Yes we use APR front air dams as splitters, they conform to the bumper beautifully and we've built an alumalite splitter under the lip that extends to the middle of the front wheel.

Canadian Touring Car 2011 In Review

Montreal CTCC Race Report

Grand Prix De Trois Rivieres Night Race Report

·
Registered
363 Posts
hey sasha i have a question for you
which rims are you using? and are you running the same brembo brakes that come with the gen from factory or you own caliper setup?
ive been trying to find a 17inch rim setup for track but want some clarification on fitment issues. i tried a 17x8 enkei rpf1 just to get a rough idea, and didnt come close to fitting. input would be great! thx :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Awesome read(s)! I enjoy reading about your racing adventures. Keep up the great work and showing how well these cars can do! I love the wing it makes the car look so badass haha.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
Thanks guys. They certainly are great cars, and I'm proud that we were able to prove that by winning the manufacturer's championship for Hyundai this year. Be proud!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 ·
I appologize to you all for not keeping the thread updated with our 2012 season. We had a ridiculously amazing year in CTCC, and I know some of the local Genesis guys were able to enjoy some of our wins with us at Mosport, it was great to have you out there!

We won the championship this year, along with the manufacturer's championship AND my team-mate Jonathan was 3rd in the championship.

If that's not enough we set a number of track records and the #14 car that I piloted finished on the podium (of sometimes 30 cars entered in the class) 15 out of the 16 races.

There are a number of pictures here:

Championship Is Ours! : SG-Motorsport

This is the only race where the #14 Castrol car failed to finish on the podium. But it DID finish!

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
That's amazing, way to represent both the GC and Canadian motor sports! That picture is beyond epic.

Sent from my SGH-I717M using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #138 ·
Congrats on what sounds like an amazing season. That picture is ridiculous! how in the world did you finish the race?
I was only in corner 2 when I hit the wall - so I had a long way to make it to the pits. Amazingly the crash bars we had fabricated protected the front end and the radiator was not damaged. The intercooler was destroyed so there was no boost, but I was able to drive the car back into the pits where the crew taped down the hood, and bent out the crash bar and replaced the passenger front tire. The crash bar had dug a half inch groove in the tire, it's amazing it didn't go flat.

Other than that she had a bent tie rod and a damaged lower control arm, but held together until the end of the race. I joke but the car actually still turned fairly well to the right, but I had to REALLY slow down for the few left hand corners at Mosport. Top speed went from 140mph to around 85mph with no boost!

·
Wannabe Track Junky
883 Posts
Love the work guys! Car looks gorgeous.

I know you mentioned all the customized suspension before, but never posted any pics. Do you have any pictures? I'm really interested in seeing some of it given that I have future aspirations for turning my Genny into a track toy and the first thing I would do is suspension.

Also interested in any details on your aero setup- what's going on with that front splitter? Are you guys running a full undertray for downforce?

Also looks like the car is a bit lower than stock- how'd you guys get away with that without worrying about the LCA angle and suspension travel? Is that reasoning behind all the custom links?

Did I mention I love all the work you guys have done?

Oh sorry one more question... what does the car weigh in at (full race fluids)?

EDIT: I lied, one more question! How much camber are you guys running in the front? Looks like a lot!

121 - 140 of 147 Posts