Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having trouble posting a new tread in the classified. It says my account doesn't have sufficient privileges or is locked. I meet all the requirements >50 posts been here >90 days.

Thank you,
Matt

·
Administrator
1,439 Posts
The proper permissions should be enabled. You may have just needed to wait for the system to update itself. Let me know if you are still having problems.

Kevin

·
Registered
10 Posts
Out of curiosity, what is the reason for these requirements? Classifieds section I guess is warranted so people can become familiar with the forum, but it requires 10 posts to even send a PM...so I find myself making unnecessary, "fluff" ones (like this one) just to meet that requirement.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Out of curiosity, what is the reason for these requirements? Classifieds section I guess is warranted so people can become familiar with the forum, but it requires 10 posts to even send a PM...so I find myself making unnecessary, "fluff" ones (like this one) just to meet that requirement.
Reasons for requirements are generally to ward off spammers and to ensure that people have minimally contributed to the forums before being allowed access to Classifieds and PM's.

Like you said, you made unnecessary fluff posts just so you have access to PM or Classifieds. In a sense, and I do not mean any offense by this whatsoever, you're still a nobody on this forum.

Lots of folks can't be bothered to be a member long enough to make 10 posts before being able to take advantage of the benefits. There's a solution for that as well: Craigslist.

Being a forum member isn't a right, it's a privilege.

Spammers can still create threads with 0 posts, but you'll find that those get shut down very quickly.

That's just my general experience as I have several friends who moderate on car forums. Hope that clears things up.

·
Registered
78 Posts
My iPhone emojis turned into question marks lol. Ive been a member since July but I do not have more than 50 posts, I mostly get on here to read the forums, and went through a point where I almost sold the gen, but I want to keep her.

·
Registered
350 Posts
The emojis in question have to be supported on the forum to show up. Are you having trouble posting in any other sections?

Kevin

Bump for admin support,

I meet all the requirements and it's been a while since I posted a F/S on my Eibach springs,

Nothing coming up yet,
Thnks

·
SUN★WORKS
56,362 Posts
Also your posts need approved by staff. If you aren't including the required information, your posts aren't approved.

We ask for 24 hours to approve posts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts